NTLDR missing with no OS installed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajooba215

Journeyman
i know there are many threads asking for the answer of this question...but in every query made earlier by the members,they had got an OS installed... but mine is bit diff...i formated my hard drive booting from another hard drive... now i want to install the OS but i am not able to boot from cd/dvd drive .... as i start the computer... it shows `NTLDR missing` and nothing else... :sad::sad: ... have someone got any answer fot that??

xyanna

Broken In
make sure the pc starts from cd. doesn't it ask you to press a key to start from cd? i'm not very familiar but this happens to me if i forget the xp cd inside.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
i know there are many threads asking for the answer of this question...but in every query made earlier by the members,they had got an OS installed... but mine is bit diff...i formated my hard drive booting from another hard drive... now i want to install the OS but i am not able to boot from cd/dvd drive .... as i start the computer... it shows `NTLDR missing` and nothing else... :sad::sad: ... have someone got any answer fot that??

From which HDD r u booting now?
The one which u formatted now or the one which u used to format?

Check ur first boot device, if its set to CD/DVD rom...

OP
ajooba215

ajooba215

Journeyman
From which HDD r u booting now?
The one which u formatted now or the one which u used to format?

Check ur first boot device, if its set to CD/DVD rom...

i attached it with my another hdd and formatted it and now i am trying to install the OS on the formatted hdd... and yes... i did change the first boot device to cd/dvd drive.. :-s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom