Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hmm a format is needed... but Partition Magic may b able to do it with out a format....

well in case of format.... follow this guide...

1. Start the computer by using the Windows XP CD-ROM or the Startup disks.
  2. Go to Recovery console by Pressing R (when asked)
  3. In Recovery Console, specify the appropriate installation, and then log on by using your Administrator password.
  4. Type map, and then press ENTER.
  5. Note the drive that you want to reformat. The drive letters may be different in Recovery Console from what they are in Windows XP.
  6. Type format x: /q /fs:fat32, where x is the letter of the drive that you want to format and FAT32 is the file system that you want to use, and then press ENTER.
  7. Type y and then press ENTER to confirm your choice. When the formatting process is finished, type exit and then press ENTER, to restart the computer.

busyanuj

In the zone
KnightRider said:
well i dont think u can conver ntfs to fat.. fat can be converted to ntfs butnot vice versa

naah KnightRider, it seems that you're prolly misinformed about this.
A simple format option /fs: is all that is needed to convert fat to ntfs and vice-versa. you can specify the option to be ntfs or fat32.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Vishal Gupta & @busyanuj

i never used Partition magic b4.... so have some question... questions r......

will Partition magic install in windows XP (Drive D) can b able to Convert Drive D to FAT32 from NTFS??

& when install in windows 98 SE will it b able to detect NTFS drive??

& after converting will windows XP b able to boot in (without reinstall..)..??

C

cybermanas

The same answer : Partition Magic is your best bet when it comes to managing partitions inn any windows operating system.

coolblue

Broken In
The BEST & EASIEST way tp partition hard disks is using Linux Live CDs. They come with an EASY GRAPHICAL partitioner wich makes partitioning like child's play! Nothing more than point n click!

If u dont believe me, use the SimplyMepis Live CD or PCLInuxOS Live CD....and u can do whatever u want with ur partitions!

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
but tis costly, partition magic's costly...
Hows ranish interface ?

U r talkin bout resizing NTFS parts and not conversions without format...

crashuniverse

In the zone
well go for prtition magic 8. the latest version which is really nice in interface n makes things easier.

interconversion is posible but u cant change d:\ by installin PM on d:\ itself (i m not sure, but i hope so)

cosu r changing the filesystem, so u cant expect it to be working well simultaneously. what say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom