NTFS drives in linux.,

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
hi,

i have mandrake linux. and other than linux partitions, all drives are NTFS. the problem is that i cudnt write any files from linux to the NTFS drives. how do i do it? i need the files downloaded in linux to be copied to those drives as i am running out of space. pls help me witha solution. thk u.

/legolas

ujjwal

Padawan
Writing to NTFS is not enabled by default in linux distro's, as its not considered fully stable yet. You could use something like Captive NTFS.

However, I suggest that you use a tool like explore2fs (or rfstool, if you use a reiserfs partition on linux) to copy the files from the linux partitions to windows, from within windows.

Moderators, please move this to the open source section.

Netjunkie

In the zone
Dont try to write to an NTFS drive from Linux, you may end up losing all your data. Create a small Fat32 partition for common use between Linux & Windows.

The explore2fs tool is a very usefull utility, it dosent allow you to write to a Linux partition from within Windows though.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
tuxidow too is a good light s/w
it supports re/wr in ext2 fr windows and read ext3 frm windows if u wanna share files btween them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom