now suggest me some more components

utkarsh009

In the zone
hey! as you all know i didnt upgrade my gfx card, my monitor and my psu in the last upgrade session. so suggest me
1.monitor:- preferably full hd led backlit
2.psu:- i prefer corsair vx450 but you all suggest.
3.gfx card:- preferably hd6850 or an hd5770 will also do.
4:a good ups: preferably apc. suggest as per my config. i just need to shut down after power cut.
5.a cabby if it fits in my budget or will my old cabby be sufficient? i once uploaded its picture and dimensions in a thread under hardware q&a section.
6.you may also recommend me a 900p monitor if the budget doesnt allow. also tell me which one is better: no led + full hd or led-backlit + not full hd?
my budget is 25k and i will be buying from ranchi. please do not exceed 25k as my father is not willing to spend even 1k extra. i need them for gaming.
ps:- now i dont think there is a need to fill in the questionaire as i already mentioned all the information.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Component | Make | Price Graphic Card |Sapphire HD6850|9500
PSU |Corsair VX450W|3500
Case |CM Elite 430|2500
Monitor |Benq G2220HD|7300
UPS |Numeric 800VA|2500
| Total |25300

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
if you are getting a better cabinet in your budget then why not?
and whats the gpu length your cabby supports.

LED is brighter, low power cunsuming, little better contrast.
but that benq is very good monitor. get it eyes closed.

lordirecto

In the zone
If price was not an issue for OP, I would recommend the BenQ E2220 HD. Also CM Elite is an awesome case for its price point.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
CM elite 430 is a cabby. You can go for NZXT Gamma @ 2k (If your father won't give any more than 25k).

6) LED is almost useless. FullHD is usefull.

Edit: Beaten by 2

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ LED monitors ain't crap

Acer S222HQL @ ~7.5K - you will be blown away by this slim and sexy one's beauty ;-)

@ Jas and OP - I think you guys need to re-think about Numeric UPS price.

1KVA Numeric UPS is ~4.5K and 650VA is ~3K and I heard that a 800VA Numeric UPS is around 4K.

So looks like OP should opt for a APC 650VA UPS anyway.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't trust Acer at all. :oops: LED-backlit LCD monitors have better contrast and more vibrant looking colours, but I'll personally prefer Full HD resolution over it if there are any budget related constraints. Mainly because 1080p is a hell lot of workspace.

NZXT Gamma will be very tough to find in Ranchi. Availability is a big issue with NZXT cabinets.

Lastly, go for 800VA UPS - gives you good enough headroom for future. I'd only trust APC as nothing comes close to it - but Numeric is reliable.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Yep, I searched it a lot last year in local street shops for found none.

@ ico - that monitor from Acer is LED full HD monitor ;-)

@ Jaskanwar Singh - APC 800VA UPS ( new models ) price has hiked too much and it's now around ~4.8-5k

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
@topgear:hey the ups price is too much.
@everyone:btw has anyone here purchased from internet? i wanted to know something about internet shopping. first of all, is it safe? what can i do if the goods which come by parcel or courier are damaged? will they replace it? suppose some component gets damaged under the warranty period the who will replace it? how will i contact them? what are the payment schemes available? can i pay cash upon delivery? tell me some good sites which are reliable to purchase from.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
suppose some component gets damaged under the warranty period the who will replace it? how will i contact them?
A small example.

Imagine you bought a Seagate hard disk from an online dealer in Mumbai which went kaput. Instead of doing RMA through the dealer (which will be dumb), I'd rather go to an Accel Frontline service center in my city as they are the ones which handle the RMA for Seagate. One thing you'll have to make sure is, your bill invoice has the serial number of the product clearly written over it to avoid any trouble.

what are the payment schemes available? can i pay cash upon delivery? tell me some good sites which are reliable to purchase from.
Mostly net-banking or Demand Draft. Cash-on-delivery isn't available.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ico: well how will i know where to go for different products for RMA?
The websites of the companies. They mention about service centers etc.

MSI India - Service Centers <-- in-case you buy an MSI graphic card.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ico:hey it lists notebook only repair centres. btw what about sapphire?
No, I think they're for everything regardless of the website says. Google about Sapphire. I think their service, repair etc. is handled by Aditya Infotech.

Top Bottom