now suggest me some more components

lordirecto

In the zone
@utkar: Dude, what mode of payment are you opting for? Also any online website that is regularly updating their web page can be trusted. So you got to watch the online stores for sometime before you decide to purchase from them.
Once you have selected the online store to purchase from, then call them and talk about what components you want, also ask them about its availability. Place the order with them and then send a mail to them to verify your order, then make the payment. Repeat the verification again so as to make sure that you do not end up paying the wrong personnel.
Once your payment is confirmed, then follow through until you are able to get the docket number for the components that are couriered to you. Then you have to follow up with the courier guy until you get the components delivered to you.

I do not think it is a very hard thing to do an online purchase. So feel free to ask the members here :D

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
hmmm...... i play games at 1024x768 resolution. so if i plan to save up my money and retain my 17" crt monitor then which gfx card and psu would you recommend for playing all the games at max details? also then i dont think i'll have to change my cabby then. i'll save up lots of money that way.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

also try to keep the cost as low as possible. probably below 10k.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

hello! any suggestions here?!

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
ok! you mean i still need that hd6850 even for 1024x768 res.? then i'll have to change the cabby. ok this is one option. how will hd5670+cx400W perform at that resolution?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
ok! you mean i still need that hd6850 even for 1024x768 res.? then i'll have to change the cabby. ok this is one option. how will hd5670+cx400W perform at that resolution?
no, you don't need HD 6850 for 1024x768.

HD 5670 + CX400 is enough. :)

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
^^will the config be futureproof if i keep playing at that resolution? what psu do i require if i want to set up crossfireX? can we combine the igp with hd 5670 with help of crossfireX?

lordirecto

In the zone
@OP: You got to tell us clearly weather you need a good GPU that will be future proof? Or do you need a rig at the least possible price, regardless of future proofing?
HD6850 will give you a good performance as well as some future proofing.
As for your PSU, see if your cabby has a bottom mount or top mount and go according to it.

will the config be futureproof if i keep playing at that resolution?
I do not think you understand what future proofing is. Playing at a lesser rez(1024x768, in your case) while the entire world goes to HD 3D gaming is not future proofing.

Think what you need and tell us. Dont be in a hurry to finalize the components you want to get. Think carefully before you come to a decision, and be clear about it. Once you have made a decision, stick to it as much as possible. Also think ahead in case you run out of options.

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
^^i was asking whether i'll be able to play all the games for next 3 years if i get hd5670 and play at 1024x768 res.? also my cabby has psu on top.

lordirecto

In the zone
I highly doubt HD5670 will be able to stand a duration of 3 years, as game developers are going to jump on to 3D gaming. Maybe other members can give you a better idea as I have no hands on exp with HD5670.

NOTE: Graphic cards get outdated in terms of months, like 6-9 months. Correct me if I am wrong.

As for your PSU, I cannot help you as I have no idea about top mounting PSUs.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
utkarsh you mean 10k is your new budget for everything? ups, gpu ,psu?

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

lordirecto which cards you want to say get outdated in 6-9 months?

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
^not really 10k. if i can save up my money then its good. also i have a 600VA ups (of some company called bitec) which gives me enough time to switch off my computer. so i will purchase ups only if i purchase a high power consuming gfx card. also cant all psu like cx400 be mounted on top side of cabby?

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
@jas: hmm...... you know my config. can you list the total power my system will consume after installing that card?

lordirecto

In the zone
@utkar: Go to the following page and try out the power calculator youself, it will give you a good idea of what PSU to go for.

Cooler Master Power Supply Calculator - Standard

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
^ok thanks! its coming 309W. i think cx400 would be enough. i think it will give sufficient headroom for oc'ing. thanks. but you did not say about a way to connect the igp and hd5770.

lordirecto

In the zone
^ You just want a head room of 91 Watts? I am not so sure if that will suffice. And what do you mean IGP? Is that a gfx card?

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^ok thanks! its coming 309W. i think cx400 would be enough. i think it will give sufficient headroom for oc'ing. thanks. but you did not say about a way to connect the igp and hd5770.

its sufficient.
but hybrid crossfire is with low end cards like 5450. not with 5770. and its useless.

^ You just want a head room of 91 Watts? I am not so sure if that will suffice. And what do you mean IGP? Is that a gfx card?

see this -
NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 550 Ti: Coming Up Short At $150 - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News
this system is with 920 oced to 3.33ghz from 2.66ghz. and
NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 550 Ti: Coming Up Short At $150 - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News
under furmark with 5770 total system power consumption is 262w and under crysis load 243w.

IGP - Integrated Graphics Processor
in this case - 880G chipset's HD4250.

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
ok! i want this to be very fast. tell me dell st2220m vs benq g2220hd. compare them fast and tell me your verdict. its hdmi connectivity vs. led backlighting.

Top Bottom