Notebook lcd screen leaves patches when touched from back

adityadev

Right off the assembly line
Hii!! everyone

My dad bought a Dell Vostro 1520 Notebook for my bro in Oct 2009. After my bro's recommendation my dad bought the same laptop in Feb 2010 for me also.
We ( The two brothers) met on this Diwali at home. I noticed that when there is a little pressure of fingers etc on LCD screen back cover, the patches are seen on the front screen. But it does not happen in my bro's Lappy.
I talked to Dell's customer support and they asked for the screen shot with patches on the screen. I sent them the same and after 15 days they changed the LCD screen.
But the problem is still there. I called back to Dell's customer support again. Now they say this is not a problem. It is a property of LCD screen and they have closed the Case.

NOW WHAT TO DO? PLEASE HELP.
IS IT LCD PROPERTY? OR WHOM SHOULD I WRITE FOR FURTHER ACTION.

Please help me...

acewin

Point Blanc
well, havent heard about the issue anytime. If u push from front onto the LCD screen(directly touching the screen) then it surely would show up, I do not think it is LCD property,
have seen many laptops, never seen any affects on LCD when pressed on the cover, bro I and other people would definitely like to know how u are pushing to test all this.

There cannot be build issues as the cover is hard enough(for any laptop), that your pressure on to laptop cover shows up onto the display)
if u have got some camera or something to capture a video and upload would be better way. or even screen-shots of what you are doing to run your test

OP
A

adityadev

Right off the assembly line
Thanx for ur reply...
But the cover of my laptop Dell Vostro 1520 is not so hard.

I have attached below the screen-shots.

For more clearity, I have upoaded a video too on youtube - YouTube - Dell Vostro Screen Issue.MOV

Please suggest what should i do now???
Please help me...

Top Bottom