Status
Not open for further replies.

eureca_eureca

In the zone
Iam running Win Vista ultimate
Using Bsnl home 50 plan
Modem SmartEX MT822 Connected to onboard lan slot
Mother board Abit ip 35 e

Iam facing a problem in connecting to internet once i switch of the modem . only a restart can connect to internet if modem is turned on again

Please help me fix this .

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
I've only dabbled in Vista so far, but since no one with more experience with Vista has offered a solution yet....... Do you have two firewalls running - Windows' and a third-party FW, including any FW that comes with your anti-virus? More than one firewall running at the same time can cause problems with a network. Also, I suggest you give more details about how your network/internet connection is set up.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
right click on the "network" icon on the task bar -> diagnose->reset modem.
now the internet shuld work.
if it does, then you've done something wrong in configgin the modem/ in netwrk properties windows.

OP
E

eureca_eureca

In the zone
right click on the "network" icon on the task bar -> diagnose->reset modem.
now the internet shuld work.
if it does, then you've done something wrong in configgin the modem/ in netwrk properties windows.
Havent touched yet any thing in the properties , this modem dosent have a proper driver too (for vista) so connected via lan

I've only dabbled in Vista so far, but since no one with more experience with Vista has offered a solution yet....... Do you have two firewalls running - Windows' and a third-party FW, including any FW that comes with your anti-virus? More than one firewall running at the same time can cause problems with a network. Also, I suggest you give more details about how your network/internet connection is set up.

No pcs connected on network , using only kaspersky windows firewall is disabled .

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/1-20080222075402.jpg

*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/2-20080222075402.jpg

*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/3-20080222075403.jpg

*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/4-20080222075404.jpg

*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/5-20080222075404.jpg

OP
E

eureca_eureca

In the zone
I got the message
What to do next
*img608.image.vc/out.php/i64716_Untitled1.jpg

What is that "more than one active netowrk" ? ? ? , whats causing this ?

And my download an upload speeds are very low , i used to get 2 mps on rapidshare premium , now i dont get

Last edited:
OP
E

eureca_eureca

In the zone
try restarting related services(network) using services.msc .

didnt work !

*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/1-20080222075402.jpg

*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/2-20080222075402.jpg

*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/3-20080222075403.jpg

*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/4-20080222075404.jpg

*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/5-20080222075404.jpg

It worked buddy , thanks for the help

Last edited:
OP
E

eureca_eureca

In the zone
But hot to prevnt this from happening for ever , cos once the pc is restarted this same problem occurs ,and i have to disable one connection :)

sweet fren

Right off the assembly line
hie everyone ..
even i am facing similiar problem ... i am using dataone broadband which is connected through usb nd i am using xp
if i am connected to internet , then if modem resets due to voltage fluctution or somethin ... , then internet connection wont disconnect ...
then if i try to connect again through connect to it will giv a message like destination not rechable or somethin lik that

if i hav to connect again , then i need to restart the windows ... while restarting it will giv a message ... conenction tray is not responding
.. nd also if we cannot end explorer.exe through task manager ...
whts the problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom