Not Amused!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
First of all this has very little to do with gaming...

Second..I'm pissed that my last thread was closed for god knows what reasons..*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/gamerz/135177-assassins-creed-ii-problem.html'

I had a genuine problem and TILL last evening admired the forums for helping out with the problems...
But just because i stated the game to be not legal(and that was only because i wanted to be clear about the problem) how can the MOD(whoever it was) close it..

If the reason was related to piracy then i'm shocked..This is hypocrisy!!
only few of us(TDF members and the rest) buy Games legally and it's a very good thing to buy stuff legally(I support it). But I as a student(and many more like me) seriously cannot buy every other game for, say, 1k each..

and whatever the reason might be the mods have the power to edit the posts...so why not delete the line which said "the copy was not legal"..why

I apologize for the harsh words but i think THE MOD and this forum has let me down in a big way...

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
see, you seem pissed off. And, i get it.

I have a series of suggestions, and note that It is for your well being.

1. Read the forum rules. It explicitly states that piracy will not be entertained.

2. I don't know who are pirating games or buying stuff, But Every one assumes that the particular member is using a legit copy unless and until they state that they are using a illegit one(which is a very noobish thing to do, and apparently, which you have done).

3. I can agree that mods are being hypocrites if you see admins or mods stating that they are using a illegit copy. So, please point me to a thread or a post where a mod or admin stated that he is using a illegit one. Remember, you'll be always using a legit copy until you say so.

4. Mods will edit the post, If the person who posted, is a newbie user or if he is flaming some member or if he is using some objectionable language. But if the opening post of the thread itself is violating rules, they are forced to delete the post. In this case, as it is the first post, it will ultimately lead to the thread lock. If it was your 3rd or 4th post, then it could have faced a different treatment.

5. Now, post a new thread. this time, without extra details. You might get your problem solved.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Me not amused either. If someone reports your thread, we have to take action. And if someone is using pirated games over here, he doesn't mention that he is pirating the game. Be a silent hypocrite and adhere to the forum rules.

Don't expect a non-legit copy to run properly.

and btw, personally you won't find a single non-legit software in my whole computer. And even I'm a student.

vamsi has summed it pretty well.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
only few of us(TDF members and the rest) buy Games legally and it's a very good thing to buy stuff legally(I support it). But I as a student(and many more like me) seriously cannot buy every other game for, say, 1k each..

i like ferrari's ,i'm not rich, does not mean that i steal it...

if u cant buy a game , then don't play the game.

there are many free games...
and if it is necessary to play the game .. save up and buy it
pay the developers their due

how would u like it if something u made, was stolen... for free...put yourself in there shoes

anyway, from next time don't discuss about specific problems with pirated copies..
if it's a issue with legit copy we're all ears

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@keviv219: there is a virus lurking in dat pirated disc.....
Btw pls read the forum rules...dnt allow urself 2 discuss anything abt piracy....
u will get help here technically from others

do remember forum rules & njoy ur stay...

PS: u have closed the ACII thread urself...by using the last lines..dats y vamsi said like dat....

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
My bad that i didn't read the rules before posting..if i had i wouldn't have done it..

@ico I'm not pointing fingers at anybody nor i'm saying that piracy is good...when i start earning I will buy stuff legally...I tried my best to solve this problem on my own but every other thing i tried and could find on the net failed...

@ssk I agree that theoretically piracy is cheating...but your example is irrelevant here..

Again, I don't support piracy but I am not ashamed either..Even those of you who buy legally(most...not everybody) didn't start out like that...We all have done it...so you can't bash someone for doing what you have done in past..This is a general comment and not for a specific person..

I don't want people to support my stand...all i want(ed) was to find a solution to the Assassins creed 2 problem..

Anyway i will be careful the next time to not to state anything that works against me...
Thank you for your time Gentlemen!!!

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
@Keviv, If you have any problem, no one here cares whether you are using a legit copy or not. But, if you state that you are using a pirated copy, by the rules of the forum we should keep quite and resent helping you. If we go against them, we will be in the crosshairs of moderators.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
But just because i stated the game to be not legal(and that was only because i wanted to be clear about the problem) how can the MOD(whoever it was) close it..
I hate piracy in games.

All my games are original, and I am a student too. Just the quantity of my games are less.
Games can be available for cheap too, if you go looking for them. Check out Mafia II pricing, under Rs.500.

and whatever the reason might be the mods have the power to edit the posts...so why not delete the line which said "the copy was not legal"..why

I apologize for the harsh words but i think THE MOD and this forum has let me down in a big way...
Nope. And I vote for this thread to be closed.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Locking the thread as I reckon everything has been made clear. In a nutshell, you shouldn't have said that your game is pirated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom