Not able to update galaxy 3 .Pls help!

Ayush Chittranshi

Right off the assembly line
I am new to this forum.
I had started reading digit an year back and since then been I have been reading all the issues I could get hold of.
Since then there has been a great change in me. I have learned quite a bit but still I am a novice in computers.
Let's leave that part because there is so much to say.
let us come to my problem first.
Due to you guys I to know of Android and convinced my Dad to buy Samsung galaxy 3
Since then I have been quite happy with it.
When I learned about froyo update I couldn't wait to update my phone. I downloaded kies and initially it could not detect my phone and only after trying a few times and googling a bit I unmounted my SD card that it detected my phone and showed a new update available. So I clicked yes to the agreements and it started downloading the update. When it finished downloading it started displaying a message PREPARING FIRMWARE UPDATE COMPONENTS and them it got stuck up there for more than one hour till I angrily unplugged the cable ( which the warning on thescreen had told not to do).I have tried umpteen times but to no avail.The same thing happens over and over again and I have to remove the USB cable and force close kies.
I would like to add that I an using a hcl ezeebee pc with intel core i3 processor (2.9 ghz),2 gb ram, 320 gb harddisk micromax m310g USB modem.
I have also tried it on my friends pc but the same thing happens there(i was using my own modem though). Is this a fault of my phone or I am missing done key point? Pls help me as I am dying to try froyo. You guys are my last hope.

Top Bottom