Not able to install xp pl help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonie

Journeyman
I jus want to overwrite my old xp..bec i got so many errors..so i jus tried to install by clickin on the setup icon..the installation opened..After tat wen i cliked to Install xp from the "what you want to do list" it gave me an error saying
"Setup cannot continue because the version of windows on your computer is newer than the version on the cd" ...And der is only cancel and details option i cant go further than this..what shud i do?

I also tried by restarting and booting from cd but after loading everything the blue screecame with an error so was not able to install tat way also

what should i do?..I want to repair or replace the whole xp without losing files

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
1) get windows XP Sp2 CD..and try to install it by booting from CD.
2) If you just want to repaid...you you can do one thing:
start -->> run -->> type sfc /scannow -->> ok-->> inseret windows XP when asked.

OP
R

roonie

Journeyman
1) get windows XP Sp2 CD..and try to install it by booting from CD.
2) If you just want to repaid...you you can do one thing:
start -->> run -->> type sfc /scannow -->> ok-->> inseret windows XP when asked.

I jus wanna repair only to get back in safe mode as am not able to ...i tried yur run scannow thing after clikin ok command prompt comes and closes in a second..wat to do it dint ask any cd..command prompt automaticaly closed in a second

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom