Status
Not open for further replies.

Suhas M

Broken In
i downloaded norton 2007 trial from it's website. i later updated the definitions and it asked me restart, i did so and then when it tried to start, it gave a message that it cannot start. so i decided to uninstall it..while installing there some error, and it became non-responsive and i ended i through task manager. the norton shortcuts had disppeared from the start menu, but it was detected in tuneuputilities uninstall, again i tried to uninstall but again it became non responsive. now how do i completely uninstall this stupid program? i am using zonelarm pro also.. it gives me regular messsages that liveupdate engine is trying to acess the internet

uchiha.sasuke

Journeyman
try to delete the norton related files in safe mode.......if dat also doesn't work then check the services of norton in services.msc

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Thr r lots of utilities available online for removing leftovers of norton. Google n download whichevr is required for ur ver. Dont try doing things manually

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@the unknown

Wit CCleaner u can end up harming d entries in ur registry which r not associated wit Norton. But wit Norton uninstall utility, u r safe...

Chk & Donwload Here

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Akshay said:
@the unknown

Wit CCleaner u can end up harming d entries in ur registry which r not associated wit Norton. But wit Norton uninstall utility, u r safe...

Chk & Donwload Here
CCleaner does not harm the computer dude. :mad:

47shailesh

Security Exp
The Unknown said:
CCleaner does not harm the computer dude. :mad:

Dude why to argue and what the sense of wasting time by using CCleaner when norton removal tool is available....

+1 for Akshay:grin:

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
47shailesh said:
Dude why to argue and what the sense of wasting time by using CCleaner when norton removal tool is available....

+1 for Akshay:grin:
I posted wht wud i do if i had been in place of Suhas M- Simply Delete all the directories belonging to it and delete all registry entries associated with it using CCleaner. :)

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Go to Add/Remove Programs list in control panel and uninstall "LiveUpdate" too. This is a part of Norton antivirus update which installs seperately.

47shailesh

Security Exp
The Unknown said:
I posted wht wud i do if i had been in place of Suhas M- Simply Delete all the directories belonging to it and delete all registry entries associated with it using CCleaner. :)
Ya for sure me too trust CCleaner and wud have done same....

But for a noob that small piece of sw works... who did'nt understand semantics of reg

ax3 said:
download this .......... Norton_Removal_Tool.exe ................. search in this forum, some1 had posted it ....... as i cannot recollect download link ...........

it worked 4 me ..............

link posted by akshay in this post only

sumeetindia

Journeyman
CC Cleaner also removes some unwanted registery entries which are necessary to RE-install of software
Better use norton removal tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom