norton internet security or kav+zap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
i had this norton internet security which came bundled with my laptop. now its expiring. shud i continue with norton or change to kaspersky + zone alarm?

busyanuj

In the zone
yes, Norton Internet Security is a resource hogger.

installing Kaspersky AV along with a good firewall such as ZoneAlarm Pro or BlackICE PC Protection will be the best thing to do.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
KAV + ZAP is a better option... only the problem with ZAP (i personaly think) is u have to download the full installer when a update is relesed... same with KAV versions... KAV will only isseu the virues definetion updates.... not the product version updates.... so to make KAV perPro 5.0.12 to KAV 5.0.372 u have to download the full installer again..... there isnt any option of just download the updated files & patch it.... while NIS05 has its own patcher... so u will download only what is requerd 4 ur system...

anandk

Distinguished Member
nobody recommends norton. :oops: yet a brand leader !!!
even i suggest kav + za.
else go for a good freeware anti-virus like 'avast'.
avast+za shud also be a lethal combo !

Mahesh Babu

Journeyman
Get Zonealarm Antivirus which includes Firewall.(Their latest version 6 is a bit bad compared to version 5).
Kaspersky is also resource hungry same as Norton.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
dude norton is resource hogger no doubt but kav+zap will hog even more.So if resource is ur concern then norton is a much better option.If u want a better alternative go for Mcafee suite 2005.Itr great...
And for free ones look for za+avast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom