NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2005 HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandar5

Youngling
Hey guys i scan my pc once in a week with above antivirus.It does detect a virus in the summary but cannot give name of the file.I think it lies somewhere in d:/program files.Do u know how to delete this file? Please reply soon. :(

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Try scannin that particu folder,
also, it gives the ame of the virus does it ?
plz post that here , i can give more details only then...
Also, does t tell its a virus or jus an infection result... ?
Coz, NAV detects spies too...

Wait !
Doesnt it delete that itself or tries to repair ?
Shud do that, see whether the action to be taken in the options menu is set to automatic... :p

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hmm how about posting the scan result screenshot?? & when ever u scan scan with ur system restore turnd off...

P.S. Thumbnail View PLS...

mediator

Technomancer
Hmmm....put ur NAV 2005 to bloodhound level of protection and the search!
options->manual scan->bloodhound

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
HELP!

THE threat is nonviral threat in the program files of D:.NEWDOTNET.NAV cannot delete this what 2 do?

theraven

Technomancer
WHAT ???
U MORON !!!
newdotnet is a freakin adware .. its not .Net framework ..
GOD no wonder ur on warning ...
disregard my pm .. THIS is the reason ur on warning...

@mandar5 get this lil program calle Hijack This ...
run it on ur system and post the log it generates over here for more help

as for NEW.NET ... heres the details

*www.emsisoft.com/en/malware/?Adware.NewDotNet said:
new.net is an ad supported software. The application is running silently in the background as a browser helper object (BHO). It pops up ad windows while you are surfing the web and periodically connects to the remote server to check for available updates.

new.net was originally designed to shorten web addresses. They created some new virtual top level domains like .mp3, .xxx, .travel which can only be visited on computers with the new.net addons installed.

The software is mostly bundled with other software products like file sharing tools or other ad supported freeware tools

for more and removal instructiosn visit

*www.spy-bot.net/NewDotNet.asp
*www.iamnotageek.com/a/400-p1.php

anandk

Distinguished Member
yep. newdotnet is adware. use microsoft anti-spyware or adaware to remove it. click www.download.com.

then ask urself, if an anti-virus cant remove ur malware infection, why use it ? anti-virus programs like avast, avg, etc and even quickheal comfortably remove it !!!

click *www.doxdesk.com/parasite/NewDotNet.html

swatkat

Technomancer
Do NOT simply delete the NewDotNet related files, if you do so, it will screw up the Winsock layers. Go to Add/Remove Programs and check whether you have either New.Net or NewDotNet entries, if you have them, remove them. Next, to cleanup the leftover junk, you can follow the steps provided in DoxDesk like given by anandk, or you can post your HijackThis log file here, and i will take a look at it :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom