Norton 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

falcon-q

Right off the assembly line
I just bought a new PC. Although it's preinstalled with a free antivirus software, I'm not confident of it. I did a search on the net and found good reviews on Norton 360.

Any of you guys use Norton 360? Is it really as it is in the reviews and is it worth the money?

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
my suggestion is to go for Kaspersky Internet security suite. Currently in version 6. 7 beta has come out recently. Just wait for some time and get Kaspersky Internet security 7.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I suggest don't go for Norton.It has a very bad habit of eating lots of system resources.I suggest you install Avast! antivirus+Comodo Firewall+Spybot Search & Destroy.
The best part about the above software is the all are free to use & also very light on your system,but are good at their Job.

anandk

Distinguished Member
if u decide 2 uninstal norton, make sure u use the "norton unstaller" tool.

my sgstn : uninstall it and go for freeware avast or avg.
that what i did with mine; uninstld norton and instald another (kis).

Cstrikedish

Why not try NOD32? it is cheaper than norton 360. Also it gives you full shield for your computer. Of course, norton is a very good product!:)

greyhoundpower

Cool G5 said:
I suggest don't go for Norton.It has a very bad habit of eating lots of system resources.I suggest you install Avast! antivirus+Comodo Firewall+Spybot Search & Destroy.
The best part about the above software is the all are free to use & also very light on your system,but are good at their Job.
I think you’re talking about the old Norton. I’m having it in my 4-yr old laptop, got recently from the last IT show and it’s good.

47shailesh

Security Exp
Cstrikedish said:
Why not try NOD32? it is cheaper than norton 360. Also it gives you full shield for your computer. Of course, norton is a very good product!:)

NOD32 has a weak rootkit detection thus your system i more prone to bots with rotkit..

Better go fo KIS pay something on ur PC.. freewares are not acceptable all times.

OP
F

falcon-q

Thanks for the replies guys!

Hmm, the reviews I read did mention the fact that the new Norton products are not as resource-intensive as their old products.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
falcon-q said:
Thanks for the replies guys!

Hmm, the reviews I read did mention the fact that the new Norton products are not as resource-intensive as their old products.

They have Kept on saying this right from the beginning:rolleyes:

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
manishjha18 said:
use 1-bitdefender
2- nod 32
3-norton 2007(surprisingly its much better than norton 2006)

Yes! It is !!!

Norton 2007 is better than 2006 in performance. But still Bitdefender, Kaspersky & Nod32 are pretty much better in virus detection & low on system resources except Kaspersky !

quan chi

mortal kombat
manishjha18 said:
use 1-bitdefender
2- nod 32
3-norton 2007(surprisingly its much better than norton 2006)

well hows it better.i mean what extra features it has than 2006.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
quan chi said:
well hows it better.i mean what extra features it has than 2006.

Key Features

• Automatically detect and block viruses, spyware, and worms
  • Rootkit Protection finds and removes hidden threats in the operating system
  • Internet Worm Protection blocks viruses, spyware and worms without specific signatures
  • Email and instant message scanning detects, removes or blocks infected attachments
  • Full System Scan performs a deep scan to remove existing viruses, spyware and other threats
  • Norton Protection Center provides a central place to easily check overall security settings
  • Live Update™ Notice alerts you to new features, product updates and threat advisories as available throughout the renewable service period*

* With this service you receive the right to use this product on one PC or on the specified number of PCs during the service period, which begins upon initial installation. This renewable service includes protection updates and new product features as available throughout the service period, subject to acceptance of the Symantec License Agreement included with this product and available for review at www.symantec.com. Product features may be added, modified or removed during the service period.

Screenshots

Click on image below to open JPEG file in a pop-up browser.

*www.symantec.com/content/en/us/home_homeoffice/images/screenshots/hm-nav2007_screenshot_sm.gif

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
KIS is way lot better.
Better then Avast Pro.
I used avast pro and it sucks.
Norton 360....
Nah its not even in the top five...

manishjha18

In the zone
buddy kis is good-but it is heavy on system--heavier than even norton 2007-
bitdefender is best package-if u have say 128 mb ram use nod 32( use it in my home),1 gb ram then u may go for kis-but anyway its proactive is very much irritating and so is also its sound when it finds a virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom