Nokia6630 not connecting to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

linardni

Journeyman
After formatting and installing Win-XP (SP2) in my PC I am unable to connect my Nokia 6630 with it. I have tried with new versions as well as older ones of Nokia PC suite but its all the same. Some sort of "unrecognized USB" error message is displayed when I connect the mobile through USB cable. I've tried with a second USB port but the same error message is displayed.
Please help.

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
Hey Pathik i would say just opposite worked in my case !!
Anyways who cares till it works :)

Okay as for problem, its the problem due to connector not getting properly connected with wire. Try to clean off any dirt on contacts and press it properly to ensure that its properly connected. Then connect it to USB.

Same happened witn me and it worked this way.

Last edited:
OP
linardni

linardni

Journeyman
@pathiks....ur advice didn't work. lemme try ashu_dps's

@ashu_dps
sorry...i failed to cope up with the problem. The exact error message is as below:
USB Device Not Recognized
One of the USB devices attached to thi scomputer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message.

Upon clicking the message, the following is displayed:
Recommendation
Try reconnecting the device. If Windows still does not recognize it, replace the device

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
try all different permutations and combinations of connecting the devices...
also does it get detected in data transfer mode???

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
In all probability its the problem with USB cable and/or the contact points(Rarely does a phone develops problem with Data connection while rest being okay). So as Pathik said try all permutation n Combination and also try with some one else's data cable.

BTW i too had it and i was able to fit it properly again only after trying continuously for about a week !

OP
linardni

linardni

Journeyman
No…uninstallation of the USB drivers came to no rescue. I've uninstalled all the USB drivers. Upon restarting all went on fine until I received a message as follows:

Found New Hardware
A problem occurred during hardware installation. Your new hardware might not work properly.

I tried to connect the mobile to another PC where all went fine without any hitch. Hence I took it as a problem of the USB port. I inserted digicam cable & pendrive in the suspected to be faulty USB ports but they were instantly detected.
I am really confused so as what to do.

Reinstall the USB drivers of your data cable. It might help.
The problem may also be due to connecting your data cable to a different phone. Get another 6630 if possible, connect it. We did the same thing in our hostel. It works sometimes.

OP
linardni

linardni

Journeyman
friends, i am really fed up with the problem. i tried reinstalling the USB driver and every possible actions...but the PCis very reluctant to shake hand with my mobile. when i am disconnecting the USB from the Mobile's port, a "ding-dong" sound is heard from the PC, indicating some peripheral is disconnected of the USB port.. however it's presence is not detected. truly speaking it's for the first time in my life that i am facing such a stubborn problem.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
ya, try another cable it might work

linardni said:
No…uninstallation of the USB drivers came to no rescue. I've uninstalled all the USB drivers. Upon restarting all went on fine until I received a message as follows:

Found New Hardware
A problem occurred during hardware installation. Your new hardware might not work properly.
that's actually whats it supposed to do man! Connect it with the pc suite!
press get connected and select usb device!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom