Nokia X6-16GB vs Samsung Wave vs Nokia C6 vs Nokia X6-8GB

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
Hmmm.. will be buying it from delhi only. In bangalore nobody is going below 17.3K, but in delhi its less than 17k.. so will buy it on 10th sept only. :).... Hopefully i will get its cover too easily.

hackerzlab

Journeyman
with very little apps available after selling millions of samsung wave for a good few months now, the bada os seems to have failed. lets hope not though.

bada os doesn't even have a basic automatic call recorder till now!! there's a function to record it manually though.

mayankgera

Right off the assembly line
Hi, can we use gps in samsung wave w/o using Gmaps as only 30day trial comes with it.?

also i m getting confused whether i should buy x6 or wave ? could you please guide me

thanks a lot

webwizzy

Broken In
Wave is the way to go! My good old friend got a X6 16GB for 16k INR from mobilestore, he went the same day to return it back after looking at my Wave lol. And yes, X6 looks **** before it.

Which OS/Phone has automatic call recording function ?

I guess he's talking about doing it via third party app, something like Total Recall for Symbian.

But again, Wave has an inbuilt call recording feature which is just a tap away!

hackerzlab

Journeyman
yeah m talking about third apps which sucks for wave at the moment. just surprise as to how long the developers would take to start making apps for bada os.

somehow m beginning to wonder whether samsung is just inflating the number of wave being sold in the market just like the infosys guy inflating the number of employees and blah blah blah to attract people.

m still waiting for basic apps for bada to come like mapmyindia or any offline GPS maps, dictionary, etc.. no other choice available in the market :(

webwizzy

Broken In
yeah m talking about third apps which sucks for wave at the moment. just surprise as to how long the developers would take to start making apps for bada os.

somehow m beginning to wonder whether samsung is just inflating the number of wave being sold in the market just like the infosys guy inflating the number of employees and blah blah blah to attract people.

m still waiting for basic apps for bada to come like mapmyindia or any offline GPS maps, dictionary, etc.. no other choice available in the market :(
Look over at Wikipedia about bada release.. its been around 40 days now since 1.0.0 released. How can you expect the market to flood with all the apps you need in such a short time period. Give it some time man, its growing!

I'm pretty sure when iOS and Android were introduced years back, they had even lesser apps than what bada store has it now. Applications needs development, and development needs time. Its 1.0.0 fgs! :)

hackerzlab

Journeyman
Look over at Wikipedia about bada release.. its been around 40 days now since 1.0.0 released. How can you expect the market to flood with all the apps you need in such a short time period. Give it some time man, its growing!

I'm pretty sure when iOS and Android were introduced years back, they had even lesser apps than what bada store has it now. Applications needs development, and development needs time. Its 1.0.0 fgs! :)

40 days old bada???? LMAO..

its been 6 months now since i first saw samsung wave. where r u? planet mars?

pentiumlover

Broken In
Nokia releases updates because they always needed updates.My vote for wave.

I guess then you would be against Microsoft releasing regular updates ???

Just have a look at Samsung Omnia Hd , great h/w ruined by pathetic support .
At least nokia added Kinectic scrolling with updates .

PS : this is human nature , you own a samsung and i own a nokia so we are baised respectively . but still your Comment is quite LAME .

hackerzlab

Journeyman
samsung wave S8530 just release with bigger & slcd screen with bada v1.2

there's no update to bada v1.2 for samsung wave. so is wave dead!? damn, m really saving money to buy this phone. gotta re-think now. no other phone in this budget either. c6 looked promising but not anymore.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Wave II have nothing great other then an 3.7"SLCD screen

And SuperAMOLED is better then SLCD

Wave is best for that price

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26636

samsung wave S8530 just release with bigger & slcd screen with bada v1.2

there's no update to bada v1.2 for samsung wave. so is wave dead!? damn, m really saving money to buy this phone. gotta re-think now. no other phone in this budget either. c6 looked promising but not anymore.

check this for bada 1.2- Update your Wave to Bada 1.2 - (not an official update, though)

hackerzlab

Journeyman
hey that's interesting. i just read about it in the wave II thread @ gsmarena about the unofficial upgrade.

any idea if samsung is officially coming up with this update for wave?

webwizzy

Broken In
40 days old bada???? LMAO..

its been 6 months now since i first saw samsung wave. where r u? planet mars?

Looks like you're not the one from Earth, LMFAO!

Did you even check the bada os page over at wikipedia? The sdk 1.0.0 released on 19th August, so don't yell "no apps no apps".. give it some time..

webwizzy

Broken In
hey that's interesting. i just read about it in the wave II thread @ gsmarena about the unofficial upgrade.

any idea if samsung is officially coming up with this update for wave?

Not anytime soon.. even if it does, Indian firmware will take time.

hackerzlab

Journeyman
Looks like you're not the one from Earth, LMFAO!

Did you even check the bada os page over at wikipedia? The sdk 1.0.0 released on 19th August, so don't yell "no apps no apps".. give it some time..

dude, m talking about the bada os and NOT the sdk. do u speak english?

if u dont know, android's sdk was launch months and months before the first android phone came.

EDIT:
u were referring to the bada os too and not the sdk in ur earlier post haha.. do u even know what sdk is?

go dude go.. google, read about it and come back lmao

arijit4885

Right off the assembly line
Samsung has already invested a lot in BADA . I don't really see them pulling out now.This isn't just a new phone, its a whole new platform.And Bada 1.2 will probably be available in 2-3 weeks.
We have to consider that the wave is a phone whose true price point would have been 26-28k,but instead sells at 17k.Samsung only sold it at that price to create BADA awareness.
So now wave is being replaced by Wave II with almost exact same features (0.4 inch extra screen only) at an estimated price of 26.5k

As for apps,the BADA developer challenge ends Oct 23, so we should see lots of new apps being released on that day.

webwizzy

Broken In
dude, m talking about the bada os and NOT the sdk.

Not sure about that but how do you develop apps for an OS unless you have the SDK? Do you look at the "OS", blink your eyes and get the app? :D

Your issue is that there are too few apps for Bada OS, right?

do u speak english?

Was I typing in French up till now? lmao
By the way, I know French too. :D

if u dont know, android's sdk was launch months and months before the first android phone came.

LOL.. who's talking about Android's SDK now.. hilarious!

EDIT:
u were referring to the bada os too and not the sdk in ur earlier post haha.. do u even know what sdk is?

Bad EDIT lol.

And yes, SDK stands for Software Development Kit. Did you read that, funny guy? :D

go dude go.. google, read about it and come back lmao

Done.. now your turn. :D

hackerzlab

Journeyman
i wonder how some apps came without the sdk. OMG.. it's magic.
anyways, what i'm trying to say here is: samsung didn't even come up with basic apps and its been over 6 months and they haven't even bothered to do so.. wat if no developers showed any interest? i dont see any active developers forum for bada except amateur users looking for apps in the bada forums meant for developers. all the major developers are still 'hoping' bada will catch up!! if the major developers or symbian/android are saying this, whom r they referring to?

u said when android was initially released, they had very few apps and so with regards to that query, i posted the android sdk stuff. remember anything?

full form of sdk??? looks like u've done your homework this time hehe..

no more comments on this issue.

Top Bottom