Nokia X vs Galaxy tab 3 vs Karbonn Titanium X?

lycan

Broken In
I am bemused in these choices -
Nokia X (around 7K, might get cheaper when Nokia X+ launches next month)
vs Galaxy tab 3 (around 10.5K)
vs Karbonn Titanium X (around 10.5K, personally dont prefer these local Brands but found really good review on Tech guru)??

Usage- Normal calling, Gaming, Internet surfing (specially youtube videos) [movie viewing if bought Tab 3]

P.S- Increase in budget wont be possible for me (i know Moto G 8gb is around 12K but 8gb wont be enough for me otherwise would have brought eyes shut)

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Decide whether you want a tab or a phone..

galaxy tab 4 is launching soon wait for its price

i just checked titanium X . don't go for it .. the Chipset is old and worst part about it , it has a 1080p screen..

in phones from branded ones..

if you can spend 9k then lumia 525

if not then Xperia E1 or lumia 520 both available at 7k

a strict big no to Nokia X

in non branded ones..

look for a 1.3 ghz quadcore mediatek 6582 chipset and a 720p screen . someone else will point you to specific model as i don't follow local brands. but make sure it has those config only

Last edited:
Get Samsung galaxy S duos 2.......... It has good performance for its price, when compared to phones from other big companies
Xperia E1 is also ok.......

Don't buy Nokia X

And really decide whether you want a Tablet or phone !!!!!

sakumar79

Technomancer
If you want tablet, you can consider Asus Fonepad 7 instead of Galaxy tab 3. It is available for under 12k...

Arun

OP
L

lycan

Broken In
Decide whether you want a tab or a phone..

galaxy tab 4 is launching soon wait for its price

i just checked titanium X . don't go for it .. the Chipset is old and worst part about it , it has a 1080p screen..

in phones from branded ones..

if you can spend 9k then lumia 525

if not then Xperia E1 or lumia 520 both available at 7k

a strict big no to Nokia X

in non branded ones..

look for a 1.3 ghz quadcore mediatek 6582 chipset and a 720p screen . someone else will point you to specific model as i don't follow local brands. but make sure it has those config only

Bro as long as i get a good piece i can go with anyone- Tab or Phone!

So Titanium X and Nokia X are out of equation!

and i wont be going with windows phone (though Lumia series is value for money and best in looks too)

Local brands i wont prefer too as they have zero after sales service and probably no android updates too...

Finally according to u i should wait for Tab 4 and then decide whether to go with 3 or 4!
Thnx bro

- - - Updated - - -

Get Samsung galaxy S duos 2.......... It has good performance for its price, when compared to phones from other big companies
Xperia E1 is also ok.......

Don't buy Nokia X

And really decide whether you want a Tablet or phone !!!!!

I have used Duos too (does have two versions 1 and 2???)... great experience, great screen, just dont know its battery performance!! i will consider it too....

- - - Updated - - -

If you want tablet, you can consider Asus Fonepad 7 instead of Galaxy tab 3. It is available for under 12k...

Arun

I have used Tab 3 (7 incher)... experience was very good, nice screen, good surfing and gaming....... still i will check out there comparison and consider Asus though i am biased towards Tab3!! (first lets see what Tab 4 offers!)

Is it better for gaming compare to Nokia 525 ?
Nokia got 1GB RAM and I heard Android need more RAM to run smooth compare to windows phone.
Nokia X has 512MB RAM !!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I have used Duos too (does have two versions 1 and 2???)... great experience, great screen, just dont know its battery performance!! i will consider it too....

Yes ............. Get S Duos 2....

rish1

Cyborg Agent
ohh yes s duos 2 is good too.. but wait there is new upcoming Motorola Xt1022 phone coming up . i would suggest you to wait
for that

4.3 inch screen
1.2 ghz dual core ( possibly cortex a7 with adreno 302 )
1 gb ram
5 mp camera
6.5mm thin

since moto G is already 12.5k

it will be launched in 9k range

also lg has launched L65 with similar specs but i reckon it might be priced little higher than moto version..

the thing with broadcom cpu is their xda support and drivers aren't good and performance is also weaker .. better to get snapdragon

Last edited:
OP
L

lycan

Broken In
First of all thnx a ton bro for suggestions and updating with upcoming phones!

1) Now is these what minimum should i look in a phone before buying?

2) what chipset do u suggest to look in phone, i mean rife nowadays? (i dont know much about chipsets)
3) why are u reluctant towards 1080p screen (isn't it better than 720p though on such small screen we wont be able differentiate much)?

rish1

Cyborg Agent
First of all thnx a ton bro for suggestions and updating with upcoming phones!

1) Now is these what minimum should i look in a phone before buying?

2) what chipset do u suggest to look in phone, i mean rife nowadays? (i dont know much about chipsets)
3) why are u reluctant towards 1080p screen (isn't it better than 720p though on such small screen we wont be able differentiate much)?

In branded any chipset that has adreno 305 or 302 . ( adreno 305 - lumias 520,525, Xperia M , Moto G , Adreno 302 - Xperia E1 , Lg L65 , upcoming moto Xt )

in non branded Mediatek 6582 ( 1.3 ghz quad core )

go with 1 gb ram minimum.. if you can stretch your budget to 10k
just go to gsmarena page look in recent launches page from any oem and check the chipset . pick 3-4 models from different brands and the compare other things like camera , music , screen quality etc and other features

The reason is human eyes can't point out a difference over 300-320 PPI ( that's why apple call it retina ). Unless you are comparing and training your eyes to spot the difference. ) 5 inch 720p screen gives around 300 ppi..

higher PPI and resolution has an inverse affect on gaming . The Gpu has to push out more pixels and that results in decrease of around 60-70% of the performance.

So with the same GPU 720p screen would run the same game 60-70% faster than the 1080p . so why buy 1080p on 5 inch screen when it doesn't give any real advantage and unnecessarily bring down the performance.. and especially these entry level GPU aren't that strong to begin with .. i would personally pick a 4.5inch screen with a 960x540 resolution but that's just me. 5 inch is too big for me .

ohh yes s duos 2 is good too.. but wait there is new upcoming Motorola Xt1022 phone coming up . i would suggest you to wait
for that

4.3 inch screen
1.2 ghz dual core ( possibly cortex a7 with adreno 302 )
1 gb ram
5 mp camera
6.5mm thin

since moto G is already 12.5k

it will be launched in 9k range

also lg has launched L65 with similar specs but i reckon it might be priced little higher than moto version..

the thing with broadcom cpu is their xda support and drivers aren't good and performance is also weaker .. better to get snapdragon
Waiting game will go on & on .................

S Duos 2 has dual core cortex A9............ so its good. Gpu is good too, not as good as Adreno 305, but still its good (actually its same chipset as S2 Plus)

rish1

Cyborg Agent

yeah true waiting game goes on and on but if one knows what's launching ahead in the next 20 days and is significantly better then i think its worth the wait if anybody can't wait that long then they already have the present options ..
S Duos 2 has dual core cortex A9............ so its good. Gpu is good too, not as good as Adreno 305, but still its good (actually its same chipset as S2 Plus)

Yeah that's the thing even though its a cortex A9 it performs weaker than a cortex A7 found in snapdragon or even mediatek newer Soc.
Both Adreno 302/305 are twice as fast as Videocore 4 gpu. but actually it isn't the performance many games are reported to have problems with videocore gpu Drivers and then as you already know the xda support is also pretty bad for broadcomm cpu..

But yes out of phones available today S duos 2 is certainly the best with flash .. but LG L65 seems to fix all the missing problems and i think is a complete package and hence worthy of the wait ..

Minion

Conversation Architect

Beware with videocore IV you may not able to play games this GPU has worst support for games.

- - - Updated - - -

Better get Gionee M2 it is lot better than indian brands.

Beware with videocore IV you may not able to play games this GPU has worst support for games.

- - - Updated - - -

Better get Gionee M2 it is lot better than indian brands.

S duos 2 easily runs games like Asphalt 8, FIFA 14, Dead Trigger 2....... you can't ask for more from a 8.5k phone

OP
L

lycan

Broken In
Thnx friends for suggestion.... i will probably wait 1 month for all releases and then select!! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Gionee M2 looks good option too.... Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7, GPU- Mali-400 (how good it is?????) and 4200mAH battery!!

Top Bottom