Nokia Ringtones

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Hey guyz can somebody tell me what is the difference between the MIDI format and RTTL format of ringtones and which one is better ? I am using a nokia 6585 and I want to transfer ringtones to it from my pc , please tell me the compatible formats for my phone, also i found websites from which I can dload ringtones in MIDI for free and then i transferred a couple of them to my phone using pc suite n infrared, but the sound quality was very poor. Can somebody tell me how to transfer ringtones which will sound good ? My phone doesnt support the mp3 format.

A

anurag_online

Well bro

For good quality Mid files if Mods save my words go to my site i am giving free mids... well both MIDI and RTTL format are good but i heartly prefer midi as they sound good on the phone u uses... but you are saying that it is creating bad sound after copying them to your phone's memory so 1st make sure that you are using original software for doing it from Infrared device although XP holds max of the infrared S/Ws itself but make sure the software is correct as you didn't mentioned which OS are you using...
post your OS so that you can be helped better.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
well, i looked up ur phone and it looks exactly like the 6610 GSM phone...only difference i c is that ur phone is CDMA...so, assuming that ur phone is the same as 6610, i can tell u that ur phone supports 4 note polyphonic ringtones (or MIDI tones)...this means that ur phone can playback tones which have 4 different instruments/sounds simultaneously....if u try 2 play polytones which have more than 4 notes, then they will not sound good...so use only those ringtones that have 4 notes or search only those tones that work with phone models such as 6610/6100/6800...all of them use 4 note polytones...

cheetah

In the zone
RTTL are the instructions or notes for the cellphone.They are instructions for the composer.

MIDI are also instructions but they are instructions for MIDI synthesiers.Midi files have more instruments.

While RTTL produce single beepy sound.

justhink

Broken In
Use "Kobrawap.com" from ur GPRS phone for downloading RT in Hindi/English and any thing u waant.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom