Nokia PC Suite Problem(Connecting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sub1zero

Broken In
I am having problems connecting my phone, Nokia 5220 XM to the PC. The nokia pc suite is of the latest version. But, in the phone connection setup, none of the 3 options (infrared, bluetooth, cable) are even HIGHLIGHTED for me to select either of them. As a result I'm unable to proceed further to connect my phone. What the hell is this?! It worked fine the last time I used it, which was 2 months ago. Now, I'm not even able to connect my phone!

H-E-L-P!

sujoyp

Grand Master
try any other cable...or ur cable on ur friends mobile....

Actually I had some cable jack problem in my mobile some times back...soo it can be that

utsav

damn busy...
try any other cable...or ur cable on ur friends mobile....

Actually I had some cable jack problem in my mobile some times back...soo it can be that

Actually its not a cable fault. All three connectivity options r greyed out which is strange. Those options never grey out no matter any phone is connected or not

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Remove PC suite, clean the registry, reboot & then again reinstall the PC suite.
I bet this is due to improper installation.

D

Deleted member 26636

remove the PC connectivity solution & the connectivity cable drivers. not the whole PC suite. then run the PC Suite installer again & choose to repair. this should fix the problem. but if the issue is still not resolved, try the following steps(do not uninstall pc suite again) -

1> go to c:\windows\system32\drivers

2> delete wdf01000.sys

3> go to c:\windows\system32\

4> delete wdfcoinstaller.dll

5> go to my computer>properties>hardware>device manager>

6> Find nokia phone>right click>update driver>install the driver automatically

for the above steps to work the PC SUite must be installed.

OP
S

sub1zero

Broken In
^^ Did everything but I'm not able to find the nokia phone thing in the device manager. WTF?! How do I update/reinstall the drivers now?

try this..
enable bluetooth in your mobile then proceed to find any bluetooth device.. it will detect your bluetooth device in the computer.. wait for sometime and see whether pc suite detects the bluetooth connection..
once you get your bluetooth connection, all the other connections will be enabled..

OP
S

sub1zero

Broken In
I don't think my computer has a blue tooth device. If it is, then my phone's not detecting it. :( This is vexing. How can none of the options be highlighted?! It worked a month or two ago! That is via, the usual cable connection. :x

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
I have the same problem . . I installed pc suite for dozens of time recently . . No use . . Luckily i had windows 7 beta where i had installed pc suite and it works there . .
I had posted the same kinda problems here some days ago no one helped so dont expect much from here . . Try install new os better then do it from start . .
ps . . and pc suite 7.1 is not working in win 7 so i had the older pc suite 6.x on it . . Which came with my phone . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom