Nokia N91 Price Drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricky_pradeep

Broken In
Hey ppl!

A friend of mine plans to purchase a Nokia N91... Do you suggest he buy it now or are there chances of the price coming down in the coming days since the Nokia plant is coming up here in Chennai?

Mangal Pandey

Journeyman
original (bill + warranty) N91 costs around 29000 here in raipur. any chances in reduction of prices. only when som more higher new model is launched then we might see a reduction in the costs. it also boasts of a original BOSE headphones which costs around 8800/- here in india.
but 1 piece of advice. the sound is ULTIMATE.

phatratt

In the zone
it will come down,i remember nok 6600 priced at 27K when it was introduced few years ago and now it hovers around 9K.

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
but will u be ready to wait for 1 year for a price drop?
if u wait for a price drop..u cant buy anything...

OP
R

ricky_pradeep

Broken In
phatratt! uh no.. I'm not talking abt the usual price drop... I wanted to know if there'll be any special price drops bcoz of the Nokia Plant thats coming up in Chennai...

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Can u tell us more abt d phone ricky? How is d interface, speed, functions,
clarity of sound & video, etc.

Which one wud be a bettr buy, SE 910i or N91 (though both of them r in diff.
league). Does the 4GB memory come inbuilt or is it on a separate MMC

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
ricky.congrads to ur friend....tell him he made a good choice...N91 has got a good SAR rating of 0.22...yet another reason to be happy abt
hey akshay....N91...has 4Gb internal Hard drive based memory..just like in ipod mini...
its is not a memory card....

tech goods always drops in price ..now an Ipod is $150 , u will get the same ipod $50 after 5 yrs I think .................and that u will Not going to take that time as there will be lot cooler competetors with much hotter features .

5 yrs ago I took a celeron PC ( 733 mgz + cd drive + 14" CRT ) with 40k .

5 months ago I took a pc(AMD 3000+ DVD rw+ 17" LCD +zebronics cabinet ) with 40k

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
thnx gdatuk.

Regarding nokia plant comin up near chennai... well it will take atleast a yr or
more for the plant to actually start working full fledged & some more time above it for the price advantage to be passed on to the consumers.

I think 30-60 days wait is worth but not more.

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
right....u can wait for 2-3 months...but after that...if u buy that in lower price...it will be outdated in the current market.

nokia plant here is only assembling units now...rumours are..they are gonna launch a mobile for 1.5k...dunno how true it is..but it will all take time...

blacklight

Journeyman
@akshay
the N91 is positioned in the market a " kind of " alternative to the iPod,its for music lovers so that they can carry their huge collection with them.The 4gb comes as a small hard disk ( microdrive ).and since they assume that 4gb is more than enough, there's no extra memory slot for an MMC card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom