montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
dude ppl are angry wid the 4gb model
so many hard disc crashes
no dealer wants to buy it as a 2nd hand 1
and u are shedding a terror by askin 4 a 8gb model stop it man and wake up

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
but still yaar loog 4gb se pareshaan hai aur tum 8gb demand kar rahe ho?
i know a samsung fone wid 4gb flash based memory
\but its samsung yaar so noone will buy it

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
I agree with 007...the 4gb hard disk N91 was a major headache...I know 3 friends of mine who faced hard crashes and constant hanging problems etc...I guess any mobile phone with a hard disk is bound to crash especially with the chances of a mobile falling are a plenty and obviously the hard disk can't take so many falls, until they come up with some kind of technology for the hard disks to withstand falls...but I guess that'd cost a small fortune.

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
its available for $699 here, but thats here
and i'd stay away if i were you, i owned an n91 a while back...GOD!
it was nothing but BS....
thees also a samsung 8gb model, and it runs on flash memory AND is the same price....so thats a much better option....not to forget W950i.....

K

krazyfrog

Everybody is cursing the N91. But guys don't you think that a device with a hard drive is bound to crash if its user frequently drops it? Do you think it N91's fault to crash after falling from a height of 5 feet? I don't think so! In fact the user is solely responsible in this case. Do you expect it to work happily even after such rough usage? Now thats being a bit too demanding on technology, especially one thats as old as hard drives. Even a regular phone would get damaged by this usage. For a device with such sophistication, it demands a little more care from its user. If a person is not able to handle such a device then he should stop blaming it (and spreading bad rumours about it) and use something that suits his usage pattern. I mean seriously do you expect an iPod to run after falling down several times? Then why expect that from N91. Or maybe you define a mobile phone as 'a device that falls frequently'.

OP
r2d2

r2d2

Journeyman
From what i have seen in some other forums most n91 problems are caused by installing the active theme on the hard drive (use phone main memory instead), outdated firmware or buggy applications. Few people have actually encountered hard disk related problems. Also one of the test nokia did was to drop the phone 300 times to test the hard drive reliability. So the hd should not be that bad.

Regards
r2d2

Last edited:

outlaw

De@d
i agree with krazy

n91 is not the kinda phone meant for rough use

if u are too clumsy to handle a mobile phone get a 1100

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
dude people arent fools to drop their fone
hard disc crash is like a unpredicted weather