Nokia N82 Production Stopped WTF !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamoghno

Padawan
N86 too wont be less then 28k....again I want to see some good build quality from Nokia....N85's build was a blunder....other then build everything was good in N85

nah , i read that nokia will keep the price around $400 mark , they know that they wont be able to sell it unless they price it low , market is already flooded with 8mp camphones. moreover they will replace N85 with N86 which is priced at ~ $300 in other places(thanks to its build quality problems). also keep in mind nokia is really into price game lately , even N97 is available at <$700 , which means it will be ~ 30K when available widely

sujoyp

Grand Master
sorry boss I dont agree with u...u say N85 is $300 which means nearly Rs.15-18k..but its selling for 22k

Now u say that N86 will sell for $400 thats Rs.20-22k but I am damn sure it will not be less then 25k

Tamoghno

Padawan
sorry boss I dont agree with u...u say N85 is $300 which means nearly Rs.15-18k..but its selling for 22k

Now u say that N86 will sell for $400 thats Rs.20-22k but I am damn sure it will not be less then 25k

*www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.html/ref=mp_s_a_1/184-3704954-3543406?qid=1242146137&a=B001IBIM00&sr=8-1

$330 . keep in mind that amazon is not cheapest and discount coupons are widely available that can bring it down.

mark my word , within a month of its release , n86 will be around 22k.

@dream
arguing with a fanboy like you is pointless , just wait till n86 is released. till then enjoy beautiful photos by n86 circulating in net.

Tamoghno

Padawan
N96 looks damn good infront of N85 ...

i think you just check out n85 i found it to be crappiest looking n-series

Umm... I think n96 is worst among this three. Feels like a plastic toy in hand. Its weight is too low for its size. N85 feels really nice because of its metallic body(unless you have a defective part)

sujoyp

Grand Master
finger crossed...hope what u say is true and N86 cost 22k in july:cool:

BTW N85 body is metallic??? I thought its plastic like3110 in front

Tamoghno

Padawan
finger crossed...hope what u say is true and N86 cost 22k in july:cool:

BTW N85 body is metallic??? I thought its plastic like3110 in front

N86's expected release date is july 22nd i think . Initial price is €370 i think . So after all the retailers gets stock , by end august / early august it should come around 22k.

Btw , n86 got real metal trimmings , all glass front face , built quality supposed to be good. Hope nseries designers learn something from e71.

Anyone remember what was initial price of n85 in india ?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does Nokia have a Xenon flash accessory like SE has MXE-60?

*www.sonyericsson.com/cws/file/1.127776.1192978495/MXE_60_product_quality_image_1.png

*www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/accessories/overview/mxe-60?lc=en&cc=in

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Why would i wait for a crappy 8 mp phone to be released when i have been using one for the past 6 months?? And i doubt ur dumb enough to actually compare indian and foreign prices(that too the US). The ones we get and the UK versions and here's the price.

*www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/6521968/Nokia-N85-Sim-Free-Unlocked-Mobile-Phone/Product.html

And yea, neither am interested in talking to a n00b who thinks that the disgrace, N81, sounds better than an ipod. Mr
disappointed nokia fanboi.

Tamoghno

Padawan
Why would i wait for a crappy 8 mp phone to be released when i have been using one for the past 6 months?? And i doubt ur dumb enough to actually compare indian and foreign prices(that too the US). The ones we get and the UK versions and here's the price.

*www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/6521968/Nokia-N85-Sim-Free-Unlocked-Mobile-Phone/Product.html

And yea, neither am interested in talking to a n00b who thinks that the disgrace, N81, sounds better than an ipod. Mr

Well i am not waiting because i will not buy it . Camera in a phone is the last thing i look in phone.

But i am curious to see the actual production unit's picture quality. In case you dont know n86 uses much much better optics than any phone in the market. The lense is new ''tessar'' lense , which means its specially made for camphones in mind designed for flat lense). The lense starts at 2.4 and with variable aparture of 2.8 , 3.2.(earlier phones had 2.8). What it means is more lights into the senson so better photos at lower light. Just for your knowledge , a lense starting at 3.5mm costs as little as 5-7k whereas a good lense with 1.8 apature can easily cost more than 50k,aparture is that important .The variable aparture means sharper landscapes and better depth of field depending on scene mode. Now i not sure what the mechanical shutter is doing in a phone buy they say it'll reduce the shutter lag. The megapixel is not everything. Just look at nikon.Their pro slr cameras tops at 12mp where their compacts tops at 14mp. Heck even my 6 year old nikon 3100 with 3mp will probably beat the **** out of n86 and idou. But heading that nokia is direction is something i was looking forward for years.

I am not ditectly converting us $ to rs. If i did i would have said that it'd cost less than 23k at launch($470x50). I remember you said the same abt 5800 that it'd cost nearly 30k , so why dont we just wait and watch till august ?

I am disappointed at nokia , its true .but actually i'm more disappointed at symbian. Seeing the videos of palm pre and androids ,and bold make me unhappy , but truth be told , here in india we dont have much choice. We will never see palm in india , blackberry costs way too much and i'd rather buy chinese phone than a htc . But again , nokia is probably heading in right direction , with symbian foundation.
I am not blind fanboy , i liked nokia for their reliable devices. But if nokia falls behind like moto then i will also criticise that.

About ipod touch vs n81 , check that thread later.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
N85 = 22k.

N86 is better than N85, so it will be launched at a price more than 22k. End of argument.

Tamoghno

Padawan
I also forgot to mention that n86 won the TIPA award this year For best camera phone, beating all cameraphones , including omnia hd and se. Now though these awards are mostly nonsense , but its nice to see it win the one of the most prestigious award .

BTW , i am a noob forever , always eager to learn. So i dont talk about things i dont know. BUT WHAT I SAY ARE NEVER BASELESS FACTS BASED ON FANBOYISM.

Tamoghno

Padawan
N85 = 22k.

N86 is better than N85, so it will be launched at a price more than 22k. End of argument.

N86's launch price is €75 lower than n85's launch price (thats why i asked abt n85's launch price in india) . Obviously initial price would be high in 26-28k range , but AFTER FEW WEEKS when it becoe widely available it should come at a range around 22-24k . I never said n86 will be 22k AT LAUNCH.

If you look around n85 had drastic price slashs in us and eu ,but in india it stayed almost same. So comparing with N85's indian price is not ok.

Btw , there's no reason to price n85 exhorbitantly , apart from camera and build quality fixes , much havn't changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom