Nokia Might Adopt Android OS or Windows Phone 7

pauldmps

Banned
Seems that the inevitable is going to happen, eh ?

Source: Nokia Might Adopt Windows Phone 7 or Android OS > News on Mobile Phones Mobile > Tech2.com India

After reporting disappointing fourth quarter financial results, it looks like Nokia is all but forced to shift to another operating system. It shouldn’t be too surprising though, looking at the fact that Symbian has already been dropped by Samsung.

Stephen to Elop-e with Android or Windows Phone 7

Nokia’s CEO Stephen Elop says,
"In addition to great device experiences we must build, capitalise and/or join a competitive ecosystem. The ecosystem approach we select must be comprehensive and cover a wide range of utilities and services that customers expect today and anticipate in the future."

It's quite evident that if Nokia really wants to compete in the smartphone market, they will have to ditch Symbian. Many other companies like Sony Ericsson, Samsung, LG and Motorola have shifted to Google’s Android OS and their phones have done very well.

Analysts say that Stephen Elop’s earlier connection with Microsoft can also possibly see Nokia devices running Microsoft’s Windows Phone 7. Obviously, Nokia also have Meego lined up as an option. It’s only a matter of time until Nokia makes a decision, with sources saying that Nokia will announce a strategy shift in February.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Really had to happen. It is actually unbelievable to see how Symbian stagnated.

If Nokia comes out with high-end Android fones, I'm actually assured that they'll have a good camera.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Nothing's impossible in this world Cybersurfer mate...the way Nokia's fortunes have turned, they need to bring radical changes to sustain...I do not think (its my personal opinion) they can survive the market once low-end phones running Android come to the market (we have just seen the beginning)...

A true businessman is the one who analyzes the market and plays according to it and not the other way round...

I am not saying Nokia will adopt either WP7 or Android, because the heading too says "might"

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
might adopt Win mobile7 for few of their business mobiles but not much chance about Android. it'll be better to go Meego route than Android (diversity needed for development).

Top Bottom