Nokia Lumia 520 or Nokia Lumia 720 or Sony Xperia L

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
a friend wants to buy who is using right now Nokia N73ME & 5800 Xpressmusic.
gaming will not be used (may be casually once or twice to see)
video clips will be seen (all sorts of HD if possible though not necessary)
music player will be used.
has neither used Android or Windows Mobile so there is no preference. (usually uses a call recorder so one will be needed)
Preference is Nokia / Sony / Samsung

has been using the present handsets for quite long - 5800 Xpressmusic Since March 2009 & Nokia N73ME Since Dec 2006

may go for another one after 6-8 months.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
@OP u haven't mentioned the budget..considering the fact that u are ok with Xperia L, ur budget should be upto 20k..raise a budget by 1k if u can try for Lumia 820..else Xperia SP..:)

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Well,I'd Suggest Xperia L If he wants android and apps, or else Lumia 720 will do the job.

But,Remember Lumia 720 has just 512 mb ram,yeah Windows os is really smooth even in 512 mb, but many games require 1 gb now, and he might feel the need later for the extra 512 mb.Also,New os updates might require it, so its all upto him.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Well,I'd Suggest Xperia L If he wants android and apps, or else Lumia 720 will do the job.

But,Remember Lumia 720 has just 512 mb ram,yeah Windows os is really smooth even in 512 mb, but many games require 1 gb now, and he might feel the need later for the extra 512 mb.Also,New os updates might require it, so its all upto him.

OP's friend is going to use it for 8 months max. So, the 512MB RAM thing won't be a much trouble for him.

Moreover, He is a first-time smartphone user. So, WP8 will do the best for him, IMO.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Okay,Since he is using it for 8 months max, Why not go for Lumia 620 instead? As anyways he will change the phone in 8 months

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Lumia 620 looks like a brick infront of 720 and 520. (No offence to L620 owners. It's strictly my opinion.) If He doesn't need a front cam, NFC and flash light, L520 will be the best bet. What say?

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
so sorry but the friend will not use is for just 6-8 months. i meant to say - He May / may not (depends upon his finances) go for another handset.
earlier he wanted to purchase but was caught in same old dilemma whether to buy now or wait for a better model. this will always go on.
he has two numbers and if he buys a handset like Lumia720 then next time he will only be able to buy something up to INR10000 (for the second number).

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
^^ New models comes every month, there is no point to wait for a better model. Lumia 520 is good to go.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
so sorry but the friend will not use is for just 6-8 months. i meant to say - He May / may not (depends upon his finances) go for another handset.
earlier he wanted to purchase but was caught in same old dilemma whether to buy now or wait for a better model. this will always go on.
he has two numbers and if he buys a handset like Lumia720 then next time he will only be able to buy something up to INR10000 (for the second number).

Why not get a dual-sim smartphone like Xolo X1000? But, battery backup will be a problem.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
he wanted an android under 10k but i think its only NL520 that is suggested. good warranty / ass is an issue too. or am i missing some models?

Top Bottom