Nokia E71 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

samman

Right off the assembly line
I am looking at buying the new Nokia E71 phone.

Anyone can tell me whether its good ?

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
It's not just good. It's awesome. Don't go looking for a fantastic camera or great sound quality though. Cause it's essentially a business phone.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Go ahead.........E71 has got everything you can imagine in a phone.

nikhilpai

Techans
I am looking at buying the new Nokia E71 phone.

Anyone can tell me whether its good ?

If u r looking for a multimedia phone with a good camera, look elsewhere. Period.

If not, it is one of the best phones currently available !! But for some strange reason its the least discussed on these forums !!

Last edited:

bigron

Broken In
yup i agree with nikeel.Its the least discussed phone here but is amazing.Looks stunning.And has almost every business feature you can think off.I personally prefer the keypad of the blackberry but never the less this phone is a must buy for anyone lookin at a business phone.

nikhilpai

Techans
These forums should now be renamed to the "Nokia N82 vs SE K850" forums. Thats all everyone seems wanting to discuss.

And very soon it will become the "Nokia N96 vs SE C905" forums :))

Other phones dont stand a chance of being discussed. :)

OP
S

samman

Right off the assembly line
Thank you for your replies. But now I am really confused between the N82 and the E71.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
These forums should now be renamed to the "Nokia N82 vs SE K850" forums. Thats all everyone seems wanting to discuss.

And very soon it will become the "Nokia N96 vs SE C905" forums :))

Other phones dont stand a chance of being discussed. :)

Please show me a post where the K850 was mentioned in the last 15 days.Thnx.

Btw, the N96 is too crappy a phone to be compared to the C905.

Last edited:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
n96 as well as c905, both are not out yet .. lets first see them in their retail avatar and then comment abt which is crappier ..

oval_man

Journeyman
I want to buy this phone,E71.....My main purpose to check mails,occasional music,just some handy cam pics,few good apps particularly Office apps,a good call recorder,decent browsing and mainly pocketable definitely not blackberry or iphone and preferably a "NON-TOUCH" phone!

My budget is around 18-19K.

Any true owner of E71 in our Forum??

Plz write your own review...

Should I go for E63? (I can save some 5K)

nokia6600

Broken In
oval man, i dont think u'll miss of many features from the e71 to e63.. so why not? go for e63 if u wanna save some bucks for the future so that u can sell e63 n get the what future has to offer!

ksundar

Broken In
Blackberry is an ideal QWERTY pad phone with unmatched email handling power,

Ideal choice for all business people,

I believe nokia e71 is 'buggy' even with latest firmware,3.2MP cam of e71 as good(or bad) as VGA cam of anyother phone,

e71 keypad is meant for ?women with lean fingers,not for 'fatty' fellas.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
E63 is a good phone...I own the blue one,If you don't need GPS & HSDPA then go for it.

You can't get any Data Cable on Package (needed if you flash the firmware by yourself) & only 1gb Micro SD is included in it,
which contained ACM 2.70 which is important software all of others & it is only one time installation file there.

Office document editing supported out of the box,but not Office 2007 file format.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi ovalman...Hmm...E71 is worth buying...NO doubt,

No Locking with the carrier,...fully independent...

No need to connect to internet for Sync or modifiying files,...again independent

Highly customizable....So many apps,still working great!.....that's NOKIA!

I've purchased AD-44/HS-44 headset (of N5700) for my E71,works like a charm with 'plug-in' ear buds and hey you can control music with remote keys!..Amazing!

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/hs-44_ad-44_312x312.jpg

Quick Office is there,you can upgrade it and carry ur office anywhere!

My-symbian.com is offering a massive 25% discount for all Symbian software,what else we need,I bought so many apps,

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/Screenshot0048-1.jpg *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/Screenshot0049-1.jpg

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/Screenshot0050-1.jpg *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/Screenshot0058-1.jpg

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/Screenshot0073-1.jpg *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/Screenshot0056.jpg

Easy to carry,slim device,quicker response,easy to monitor free memory,with new headset sound is good,camera also ok,keypad looks cramped but by practice it will be much easier and quick,A2DP,Quick connectivity,nice AGPS,and so many shortcuts and endless advantages....

IMHO,E71 is clear winner among latest hifi mobiles including iphone,xperia and bold (as I have all of them),

For a detailed review you can google and check yourself!

For 19.7K E71 is a Great Steal!! No one will regret!

Go Ahead!

If you are in QWERTY keypad. you should go with e71. this phone is known for mainly QWERTY keypad. Rest everything is fine. If keypad is not important for you then nokia 5800 is best.

oval_man

Journeyman
hi dhanshh,thanX for your figures & facts!
they are nice...

But still I'm confused: E71 or E63???????/!!!!!!!!!!

No clear cut difference given while searching,

BTW,do u own a mobile store? will you give conession for forum guys??/

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi all,

Long awaited 'Google Maps' available for E71 now:

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/Screenshot0074.jpg

Type m.google.com in your mobile browser ---> Download Google maps & Enjoy!

No Mobiles Store,.............................ONLY Godown!

ksundar

Broken In
ovalman, u wanted difference between e71 & e63-----it looks e63 is a better device than e71.Jus go thro this:

*i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq156/ksundar/diff1.jpg *i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq156/ksundar/diff3.jpg
#The E63 has a colored plastic shell versus the E71’s metal one. The front is a metallic-finish, whilst the back cover is a soft-touch finish - both attract far few fingerprints than the E71’s.

#The E63 is nearly identical in dimensions to the E71 except for the depth - the E63 is around 1.5 times the depth of the E71.

#The E63 has a 3.5mm jack on top versus the E71’s 2.5mm jack on the side. This appears to be the first E-series to have a standard headphone socket - something normally saved for N-series.

#The E63 has no side buttons for volume or voice recording. It’s also missing the E71’s IR window.

#The E63 has a revised keyboard layout, adding a ‘/’ button on the lower row, shortening the space bar.

#The E63 appears to have a slightly smaller dimension screen although it is the same 320 by 240 pixels as the E71.

#The E63 lacks internal GPS.

#The E63 does not support HSDPA data.

#The E63 has the same 110 meg internal memory, but is shipped without an additional memory card (although a slot to add one is present).

#The E63 has a 2MP camera versus the E71’s 3.2MP and has a fixed focus.

#The E63 adds a flashlight function that allows the camera’s LED flash to be used as a torch.

#The E63 lacks the E71’s faux-leather slip case.

*i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq156/ksundar/diff5.jpg *i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq156/ksundar/diff6.jpg

Better Bye e63.......cheap & best!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom