Nokia C7 available ?

blacklight

Journeyman
Is the Nokia C7, the cheaper sibling of N8 out in the market ? websites suggest it would retail less than 20K ?

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Yea.. very feature rich. AMOLED screen, 720p video recording, Multi touch, 8MP camera, New Symbian3. Plenty of features for 19k

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
Yea.. very feature rich. AMOLED screen, 720p video recording, Multi touch, 8MP camera, New Symbian3. Plenty of features for 19k

price of c7 On Nov 09, 2010 - 18k at Anmol, 22 Sec, Chandigarh.
Great looks,bigger screen and slim one .
But due to price restriction I purchased myself galaxy 3 @ 11500/-

unni

In the zone
I bought 2 :), but won't get any chance to play with it. I went to buy C6, but after trying the touch, didn't think more before buying C7. The only thing I felt missing is auto focus.
Bought one for 18990 and the other for 19300 (in Bangalore).

Gollum

Collector
I bought 2 :), but won't get any chance to play with it. I went to buy C6, but after trying the touch, didn't think more before buying C7. The only thing I felt missing is auto focus.
Bought one for 18990 and the other for 19300 (in Bangalore).

8meg cam and no auto focus. Thats a shame. Heck even 6k phones of nokia have auto focus.

kbharathb

Broken In
Key features
Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support
Penta-band 3G with 10.2 Mbps HSDPA and 2 Mbps HSUPA support
10.5mm slim body
3.5" 16M-color AMOLED capacitive touchscreen of 640 x 360 pixel resolution
8 megapixel fixed-focus camera with dual-LED flash and 720p video @ 25fps recording; geotagging, face detection
Symbian^3 OS
680 MHz ARM 11 CPU and 256 MB RAM
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
TV-out functionality (SD)
GPS receiver with A-GPS support and free lifetime voice-guided navigation
Digital compass
8GB on-board storage, microSD expandable
Active noise cancellation with a dedicated mic
DivX and XviD video support
Built-in accelerometer and proximity sensor
Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
Stereo FM Radio with RDS, FM transmitter
microUSB port with USB On-the-go support
Flash and Java support for the web browser
Stereo Bluetooth 3.0
Excellent audio quality
Smart dialing and voice commands

Main disadvantages
Symbian^3 is still below Android and iOS usability standards (especially camera UI and web browser)
Camera lacks auto focus, oversharpens images by default
Relatively limited 3rd party software availability
No office document editing (without a paid upgrade)
Battery life is not on par with the best in business

Last edited by a moderator:

Gollum

Collector
Imo its just great hardware crippled with semi fail software. Would love it if nokia jumps on the android bandwagon.

OP
B

blacklight

Journeyman
nokia was always good at hardware,but the problem is software counts equally..they never seem to let go of their old Symbian legacy even after all these years

sakumar79

Technomancer
@kbharathb... Your post appears to be a word by word copy of the review in GSMArena... Please always post source if you are going to just copy data from another site...

Arun

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I won't recommend C7 right now. It's price tag of 19k is a bit on the higher side. For 4k-5k more, one can get N8 which is much better phone overall. Also, C6-01 is available for 15k. C6-01 has lower amount of RAM and 3.2" display but given that the display is of same resolution and has better CBD panel, videos etc will look better.

I think the right price for C7 will be around 17k and I have a feeling that there will be a price cut within few weeks since release date.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Don't get a C7. Get a C6-01 & save some money to buy a memory card. C7 over a C6-01 isn't worth it

Top Bottom