Nokia C5 or Nokia 5230?

A bit late, I was away.
Actually it's somewhat correct, resistive touchscreens are not very reliable in the long run, they are prone to damages and don't respond well after sometime. But not all phones are like that, Nokia is a company of repute and one expects good quality stuff from them. I have seen my friend using moto rokr for 3 years without problems, one of the first phones without a keypad. So if one uses it with a bit of care it can last long.
However, all this is not a matter at all with capacitive screens, they are very reliable and over all much better to use.

Moro Rokr was one of the coolest phones..I ever used in my life..specially the Custom firmwares/features..I still have it as a brick phone due to my own mistakes !!

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I liked moto rokr though I didn't use it much as I was not familiar with touchscreens & didn't want to mess with my friend's phone. The sound quality was excellent on the bundled headphones. I definitely hope that my nokia touchscreen will perform well for at least 2 years. However, if someone is too bothered by the risk, he can go in for extended warranty. Planet M offers 1 year extended warranty for around 200-300. The price will be 100 bucks more than the normal market price. So ou have to pay 300-400 bucks for 1 year extended warranty, not bad if they cover damages to the touchscreen. I am not sure though, if this is available all over India or just Kolkata. In fact, I don't even know if Planet M is a nation wide chain or is present just in Kolkata.

I liked moto rokr though I didn't use it much as I was not familiar with touchscreens & didn't want to mess with my friend's phone. The sound quality was excellent on the bundled headphones. I definitely hope that my nokia touchscreen will perform well for at least 2 years. However, if someone is too bothered by the risk, he can go in for extended warranty. Planet M offers 1 year extended warranty for around 200-300. The price will be 100 bucks more than the normal market price. So ou have to pay 300-400 bucks for 1 year extended warranty, not bad if they cover damages to the touchscreen. I am not sure though, if this is available all over India or just Kolkata. In fact, I don't even know if Planet M is a nation wide chain or is present just in Kolkata.

I've seen in Nokia customer care, they were offering the option of extended warranty. But you can only apply for it before your warranty expires

fones_uk

Right off the assembly line
To clear out you confusion of what phone you want to buy visit Nokia C5 Mobile Phone, Nokia C5 Price, Nokia C5 Review, Nokia C5 Specs - Fones

crapface

Broken In
hey even look for 5235 just around 1k more .. exactly 5235= RS 8700 @ nokia priority

same as 5230 with little better camera and display
+ much better box contents.. It also comes with music(12 month free music downloads)
good earphones (wh-701), usb cable, 2 gb card (usefull if u don't have 1)..

that box contents is worth that extra money

I bought one yesterday .. let me know if any questions about it ...

Hey i just bought my Nokia 5235 and want to activate my ovi music unlimited, anyone has any idea on this????

tan123

Right off the assembly line
Hi
I think you go for Nokia 5230 beacese these phone have huge features like :

• 3.2” 16-million colour touchscreen display
  • ARM 11 434 MHz CPU, 128MB RAM
  • 2MP camera
  • Standard 3.5mm audio jack
  • GPS receiver with A-GPS functionality and Ovi maps integration
  • Advanced connectivity options including 3G and GPRS
  • Symbian S60 5th edition operating system
  • Virtual on-screen QWERTY
  • Comprehensive music player with good audio quality
  • Two changeable battery covers with retail box.
Thanks

LG Cosmos phone
samsung seek sprint

sughreev

Broken In
Hello friends I am confused Between Nokia 5235 and 5230, I can't found Nokia 5230 on market, and the seller says 5235 is better then 5230 in looks and others, what you guys recommend to me.

ravi.xolve

Broken In
Even I am confused. The 600 MHz CPU of C5 looks great and the durability of touchscreen is apprehensive too.

However the screen size of 5230 and accelerometer is undeniable advantage.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
there are advantages and disadvantages of both models, for example, you get a secondary camera for video calling on c5 which isn't there on 5230/5235. also 3.2MP camera vs 2MP. But you lose out on the screen size. Accelerometer is a fun feature, but nothing which you should consider while making a decision. If you are considering any type of reading or web browsing on your phone, 5230/5235 will be better. It is better for viewing pictures and videos too because of its large screen and high resolution. take a call. Personally, I like to be able to touch an icon directly instead of pressing multiple keys to get there.

sughreev

Broken In
I prefer nokia 5235 more because of looks, i amusing this phone, its great phone touch is very nice and responsive, also it comes with ovi music unlimited so i can download multiple songs from ovi music store for 1 year...i found lots of interesting albums, religious and other music at 1 place... an i think its much better to download different categories music at one place, like, hollywood, bollywood, religious, different language music.

crapface

Broken In
Hey i was download 200 songs from ovi music store, but after resetting my phone's settings those all songs are not working in my phone... need suggestion???? I have nokia 5235...

Firecaster

Broken In
Hey i was download 200 songs from ovi music store, but after resetting my phone's settings those all songs are not working in my phone... need suggestion???? I have nokia 5235...

Hey just sync your phone with ovi player music list then it will automatically works on your phone...

crapface

Broken In
Thanks for your help firecaster, it’s really a good information, I just sync my phone with ovi player and all the songs automatically added on my playlist.

kool

Cyborg Agent
A bit late, I was away.
Actually it's somewhat correct, resistive touchscreens are not very reliable in the long run, they are prone to damages and don't respond well after sometime. But not all phones are like that, Nokia is a company of repute and one expects good quality stuff from them. I have seen my friend using moto rokr for 3 years without problems, one of the first phones without a keypad. So if one uses it with a bit of care it can last long.
However, all this is not a matter at all with capacitive screens, they are very reliable and over all much better to use.

N97 of my friend dropped accidently and its screen cracked from corner. Now he is unable to use both corner touch of cell. He use QWERTY keypad to access his mobile.

Top Bottom