[Complaint] Nokia c5-00 bricked during software update

Gauravs90

geek........
I've brought my nokia c5-00 on 20th jan 2011.

Today I was updating my phone to it's latest version, but the software update failed in mid showing error "connection lost with the device". And from that point phone dosen't starts. When i press the power button i.e the red button used to cut calls, it only vibrates a bit with no light on screen and switches itself off.

I've tried everything to make it work like pressing the call, star and 3 button to hard reset it but it had no effect on it, my phone dosen't even starts for charging.

Then after a failed long effort to restore my phone I decided to take it to the nokia care.

I showed it to the nokia care representative and after examining the phone by pressing the power button she instantly asked me if it's a failed software update by pc. I said yes it's due to failed software update. Then she forwarded it to the technician to repair the phone.

Now comes the shock.....

The technician said that the software update is failed due to a bend in PCB plate and he showed me the PCB. The bend in PCB is something like this

*i.imgur.com/kkdYx.jpg

And here are the images of my phone

*i.imgur.com/pcPJi.jpg
*i.imgur.com/8EXDv.jpg
*i.imgur.com/56FZK.jpg

I want to know how can the PCB plate bend like this if there is not even a scratch on the phone. Nokia care technician had denied warranty due to the bend in the plate. Where lies my fault in this?

I live in meerut and visited two nokia care centers
1- Nokia care, baccha park
Remark- will charge 70% of the original price of the phone and will change the PCB plate.

2- Nokia care, abu lane
Remark- They said the phone can be fixed or cannot be fixed and will charge Rs 1500.

What should I do now?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i think you should contact Nokia India about this. PCB is inside the mobile & if its bent or burnt, its cause of bad assembling at the plant. and don't give the mobile for repairs, not even to Nokia service center until you receive a reply. also sametime post about the bent PCB & Nokia Care not honoring the warranty in Consumer Forum. if Nokia India says the same thing, at least you'll have a secondary support and maybe a better response. good luck.

OP
Gauravs90

Gauravs90

geek........
I was saying this to the person at nokia care that how can i bend a PCB plate without bending or braking the outercase. And her reply was "koi bhi karan ho sakta hai". WTH!!!!! she is talking about and furthermore they are not honoring warranty.

How can I contact nokia india about it besides there discussion forum?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Send a friend of yours this time if they remember your face.

"Subeh se, ye phone nahi chal raha. Kya ho gaye hai isse."

Tell your friend to act like a noob.

And if they say, "Bent PCB"........this should be your reply, "PCB kya hota hai. Mujhe nahi pata. Warranty mein mobile hai, subeh tak theek chal raha tha. Theek kar do/replace kar do."

Don't say, "failed software update" this time.

Give a one more shot. Then do what Sam said.

OSxSnowLeopard

Journeyman
I also bricked my nokia 6233 last month i went to nokia care(service center) there was a guy talking with his friend out side of nokia care i asked him my phone has been bricked cos i pulled the usb cable by mistake. Hes said not a big deal it will be fix for Rs 200/-(that guy was from nokia service center). So i went in and then after some waiting time they called me in. Then there was a dumb girl sitting in front said "your phone is not working then we have to change its motherboard"- i said "kaan ke niche lagega ek kase.." sorry i didnt said anything like that.-) i tried to tell her what software brick does means, but she was confused, she went in and out 4-5 times but she couldnt understand. The i asked her to send some guy who is tecnically literate.-) Then she called some guy who knew about software(firmware bricking). So in the end they said it will cost Rs 200/- only to fix it and it will take 4-5hrs. I said ok just call me when its ready will come then only not b4.-) And they gave my phone back after 4 days.

pratyush997

Inactive
Download original Firmware files from NAVI FIRM and Flash it with Jaf....
It Should make your bricked mobile working

sunny596

Right off the assembly line
I was saying this to the person at nokia care that how can i bend a PCB plate without bending or braking the outercase. And her reply was "koi bhi karan ho sakta hai". WTH!!!!! she is talking about and furthermore they are not honoring warranty.

How can I contact nokia india about it besides there discussion forum?

Dude Is your Phone working now?? What did you do to make it work??

tkin

Back to school!!
If you are tech savvy enough follow this guide and update your phone to the latest version: Flashing with JAF for Newbie

The V60 FW update for my Nokia 5800 was never released, so I updated it using that method last night(official firmware only), the flashing took just 5 mins and at the end it worked just fine, this is one way to bring a dead phone back online, make sure to NEVER downgrade, always get the latest FW and make sure to check your model.

The Link for Navifarm on that article does not work, so: Symbian Toys - Software NaviFirm+ to dowload the firmware of your Symbian smartphone
All other links work.

Top Bottom