Nokia 6600 Fast Redial

Status
Not open for further replies.

knoppix

Broken In
With the automatic redial ON, the Ist redial goes fast, but after that the redail slows down & after Ist redial attempt the redailing takes too long. I want to configure the phone's redial, as fast as the Ist redial is. I am an adavanced user and can change the phones system files.
Please tell me if any file's needs to be altered and how to do that, so that my problem gets rectified.

OP
K

knoppix

Broken In
thanks pathiks for your reply, but this is not i am looking for? I want to configure my phone in the way, that whenever the network or number is busy, it should automatically keep redialing (making fast redial) till the call is connected. Currently if the number is busy, it makes the Ist redial fast, but if it is still busy the redial slows down and shows the progress bar (redialing) and takes long time to make redialing.

paradise_guy

Broken In
try this man..

use a software called FExplorer (ver 1.02 or above)

open drive C:

navigate to

system >> system.ini

copy the file "system.ini" to your pc using bluetooth or infrared

open the downloaded file in notepad

now navigate to 26th line of the code of the file

modify "redial-timeout=5,10,20,30,XXX" to redial-timeout=5, and substitute the corresponding fugures to ones you like in seconds but different from 5..

i think this will be helpful..

OP
K

knoppix

Broken In
Thanks paradise_guy for your valuable avdice. This is the exact thing i was looking for. i tried the same but, when i open the system.ini in notepad it displays the contents in encoded language. The contents are as :

P ä   â{9fÐ  «›@  @ Áz¿@ @ì¯*¾1@ +      Ö_ Ü‹ Ô_
/€  " Q  „
§ “ 1 2 8 0 9 @ÿÿÿÿT  ÿÿÿÿ ƒ@ J[G[B[G[J[E[G[A[\[A[F[  8 4 5 6 2 E : \ S o u n d s \ M P 3 \ K y u A a j K a l . m p 3 Â 1 2 8 0 9 #€ €  a     @ #€ €  a  Q   @IÒz¿#€ €  a  Q  | @ #€ €  a  §  | @hÒz¿#€ €  a  §  Ò @zÒz¿#€ €  a  §  ý @ #€ €  a  (  ý @G {¿#€ €  a  (  S @{¿#€ €  a  (  ~ @ #€ €  a  ©  ~ @Ðb{¿#€ €  a  ©  Ô @âb{¿#€ €  a  ©  ÿ @ #€ €  a  *  ÿ @°d{¿#€ €  a  *  U @Ãd{¿#€ €  a  *  € @ #€ €  a  «  € @Þf{¿#€ €  a  «  Ö @ñf{¿#€ €  a  «  

Waiting for reply.

OP
K

knoppix

Broken In
Tried opening it with different PC basesd hex editors and the hex view of fexplorer, but of no use. is thr any other way ?

OP
K

knoppix

Broken In
Hi paradise_guy,
Can you please do me a favor, by sending me the edited copy of the same file. Due to restriction of uploading .ini files i have changed the extension of the same file as system.txt.
i know that i am demanding more but still i hope that you will do it.
Attached is the file.

aryankush

Right off the assembly line
hi i m Ankush
my budget is Rs 15000 to RS 20000
i want to buy a cell.plz can anyone suggest me nice looking cell with good features
i prefer sony erricson
other suggestions are also welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom