NOKIA 6270 n 6280

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagsall4u

Journeyman
can any one review the nokia 6270 and 6280 cellphones.....
and also list the price in mumbai and package contents

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well i'll put it simple ... good features bundled with some hidden probs ... which are :

(i) series 40 :(

(ii) 2 MP camera ... not bad .. but the lag u get after clicking the picture is really frustrating , specially if u set the iq to best .. lol ..

otherwise the phone's are awesome .... grab one fast .. i think u'll get a 512 MB card free .. skip these if ur already a S60 user ...

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
yups lemme finish off i was plannin to review it today

nokia 6270

the + points
2 megapixel camera cool man
loud very very loud speaker challenge to the w series of sony eriksson(ya i know i misspelt)
slide up style i think 1st ever in nokia
good clearity
big screen
radio,games,mp3 all r inbuilt
nice amount of memory (512 mb) is provided
infra red(i think it has) and bluetooth so u dont miss the connectivity front

NOW the - sides
slide up prone to be loose
its a bit over priced(17k the last i have seen)
series 40 so no more xtra apps
its a bit big in size so u might hate that

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Nokia 6280 review:
GSMArena.com said:
Pros
Precise design • display slides out silently • possible control in closed mode • card hot swap • landscape picture mode • extremely fine display • good keypad • 2 megapixel camera • landscape camera mode with view finder across the entire screen • decent picture quality • video in 640 x 480 pixels resolution • very fast performance • start-up option without SIM card • new user interface • great customization options • active stand-by mode • graphic themes • top-quality sound during phone calls • video calls • caller displayed in a big window • standard ringtone option can be substituted by video • big font size option in the phonebook • once synchronized the phonebook can be ordered by last name • intelligent voice dialing • top-quality T9 dictionary • no message shortening • a list of the last several message recipients • mass delete option for delivery reports • very well elaborated alarm clock • well-organized calendar • improved calculator • voice recorder of significant capacity • built-in radio and MP3 player • application minimization option • playlist editor in Nokia PC Suite • easy-to install java applications • good pre-installed games • EDGE and 3G • easy setup of data connection • free PC Suite

Cons
Heavy phone • reasonable creak sounds • slide-out mechanism is not stable • extremely rigid switch-off button • "Push to talk" key cannot be assigned any other function • new type of memory card • no timing option for backlighting • display is not protected • display makes writing somewhat uncomfortable when slid out • limited setup options • lower quality pictures in comparison with other 2 megapixel camera phones • extremely bad macro mode • low video frame rate • insufficient internal memory • poor graphic elaboration of the active stand-by mode • settings buried deep down in the menu structure • loud vibration • phonebook fits in no more than 500 names • email client in Java • attachments of maximum 100 KB • no automatic downloading of email messages • no text notes option in the calendar • no wallet for saving confidential information • no browser for Office documents • no RDS option in the radio application • earphones with a standard jack can be plugged in through an adapter only • no minimizing option for java applications
Nokia 6280 features a significant number of functions, but lacks an operation system. It belongs to the category of the so called manager phones, it's a high-class phone. It was primary presented in June last year and it hit the stores in the end of January. As you can see, in this case the preparation of the entire launch campaign has taken Nokia a bit longer than usual.

Nothing less than a smartphone next time?

Nokia 6280 is brilliant, no matter the fact that if it suffers certain crucial drawbacks, which would surely discard it if it entered a direct competition with top-class camera phones. Some of you may dislike the fact than Nokia 6280 is not a smartphone. Others will refuse to work with a phonebook of a limited capacity. Some may not like its sliding construction, others surely feel phobia to Nokia's logo. To me, the most important features of Nokia 6280 are its speed, its brilliant display, and its excellent user interface (except for the active stand-by display).

The new user interface of third generation Series 40 is quite similar to the one used in smartphones, with icons being almost identical. It is evident that Nokia has made the first step towards unifying the control of its devices. The question therefore is: "Will there be a top-class mobile phone without an OS anymore?"

Let's not forget the competition. Inside Nokia's camp, there are Nokia 6230i (which is inferior) and smartphones (better than Nokia 6280). Sony Ericsson K750 as well as all models related to it may also be considered possible competitors. In terms of functionality, however, it is Sony Ericsson W900 that seems to be the main rival of Nokia 6280, for these two phones have been evaluated with precisely the same mark according to our mobiles catalogue. Samsung is able to compete with its D600 model. Siemens SXG75 is a potential competitor as well. Motorola does not have a device functionally comparable to Nokia 6280. The same holds true for the rest of the phone manufacturers. Smartphones play on completely different level. Their exceptionality is a matter of fact. In this sense, any smartphone (for example Qtek 8310) is a very strong competitor for any camera phone in general.

Conclusion: Nokia 6280 is a brilliant mobile phone. It is perfectly equipped, fast, and attractive. And there is no doubt that the decrease of its price is only a matter of time.
Here's the full review:
*www.gsmarena.com/nokia_6280-review-71.php

Nokia 6270 review:
infoSync World said:
It has a 2 Megapixel camera, an audio player, memory expansion and a glorious high-resolution display - but Sindre Lia isn't convinced the Nokia 6270 is built for multimedia.

Offering a long-awaited improvement on Nokia’s user interface as well as an excellent screen and a very comfortable keypad, the 6270 fails to impress with regard to design. Furthermore, despite its strong focus on multimedia features such as a 2 Megapixel camera and a music player, the handset simply doesn’t deliver as compared to other recent multimedia phones - and as such comes recommended as a phone for users in search of a user-friendly interface and good battery life as opposed to powerful multimedia features. €350 EUR, available throughout Europe.

What's positive:
Excellent screen; good battery life; comfortable keypad

What's negative:
Mediocre camera; poor music player
Here's the full review:
*www.infosyncworld.com/reviews/n/6455.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom