Nokia 6233 or Nokia 5500 sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

merawalaid

Broken In
HI guys i want to buy phone with
1> 2MP cam, expndable memory, FM and good Mp3 playback
2> but i need EDGE as i plan to use it for browsing on my laptop (connection:Airtel postpaid : pune )
Since both SE K750i and W700i do not have EDGE they are out of my consideration.
I am really confused wether to buy 5500 sports or 6233:
6233 has 3G but i don't know when will 3G services start in India (any news/tips are welcome!)
5500 has Symbian OS but personally i don't plan on installing many apps on my mobile.
Both the phones are priced at almost the same level.
what i would like to know which has data cabl bundelled and which has a larger capacity card bundelled!
Also please share other aspects/defects/merits of these models.
please suggest other models too (covering point 1> and 2>) in price range of 12-13k
thanks

Last edited:

desh2s

Broken In
In my opinion, you can choose nokia 6233. It has all the features you want and it is fast too.

K

krazyfrog

You can take a look at SE Z710i. Its a clamshell phone with 2 mpix camera, EDGE Class 10, great mp3 player, fm radio, bluetooth, memory card slot, external display, external music keys, built-in NetFront browser and is a Quad band handset. It comes for around 11.5k and has a 64mb memory stick micro bundled with it.

assasin

Banned
@merawalaid I'm having the same confusion buddy.i've 2 choose bet 5300,5500,6233,3250.
All the hansets in my consideration hav EDGE Class 10 D/L = 236.8 kbps
5300 bundles 256MB mem crd
5500 bundles 512MB mem crd
3250 bundles 512MB crd
6233 bundles either a 64 or 128MB crd
Bought the Nokia 5500 Sport at last.Its a gr8 set.Sound quality is gr8.Standard package includes a 512MD mem crd,stereo headset,3.5mm adapter,carrying strap,CA-53 data cable.The only disadvantage is the screen,cuz its small even though display quality is good.

Last edited:
OP
M

merawalaid

Broken In
@assasin
congrats! i m going to buy 5500 too (this weekend).
Is their a tutorial/guide/instruction with the phone explaining how can i configure it to browse net frm my laptop?
ps: what price did u get it fr and where?

kirtan

Journeyman
There is rumour that 3G could be launched in india next year around may-june.so going for a 6233 would be a viable option for u.

snake

Broken In
5500 ROCKSSS!

I dont know why ppl in INDIA not saying anything good about it.
It has some great features and its the smallest s60.
It is one of its kind.

assasin

Banned
@merawalaid Yeah deres a tutorial in the phone but i havnet used it till now,so cant tellu much bout it.I configured MO myself.I bought it for 12.5k from Baba Telecom in Durgapur.

@kirtan Even if 3G is launched in India in may-june next year,subscription rates will be sky high,so its better stop thinkin bout 3G.Even i had a 66303G set before my 5500 but sold it off.

OP
M

merawalaid

Broken In
@Kirtan
I don't think 3G will be launched anywhere near march next year....first there will be a 3G test by 3-4 companies.....then the aunction of Frequncies/service rights etc .... then they will introduce it as a premium service...... which would probably be too expensive any way!!! so ii would be the end of 2007 when 3G really gets going....if it gets going at all!!
Anyway i think 5500 is better for young guys and 6233 mor suitable fro bussinessmen etc
data cable,
good quality earphone with built in controller(next/previous song/recieve call),
belt clip
and of course charger.........no need to go anywhere for accesories!!!

Last edited:

assasin

Banned
6233 is good set but u wont be able to do multitasking and wont be able to play avi/divx videos.Also the browser in s40 sets sux,but new browser of s60v3 sets roks(it even has a mouse pointer).
So go for 5500.

assasin

Banned
@pathiks AFAIK smartmovie and DivX player r the only 2 softwares which allow u play avi/dvix files on mobile and both these softwares r meant 4 s60 fones.So how can the 6233 play avi/divx.I've also sent a avi file to my frnd's 6233 and it didnt play it.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
I am planning to buy 5500 as

1.Its the smallest phone in the S60 series
2.Installs both Java and Symbian Applications
3.Default Memory Card is 512MB microSD Card
4.Model looks stylish
5.Camera quality is decent with 4X Zoom

Pathik

Google Bot
the 6233 inbuilt player plays xvid avi not ne 3rd party app.. And agreed that the 5500 has better uses than the 6233... But 4 multimedia and speed i ll go 4 6233.. The sound is awesome.cam is gr8..and plays many media formats directly

hash_husher2

Right off the assembly line
;) my opinion goes for you that go for n5500 bcoz mp3 quality is awesome n 1gb of capacity and 2mp camera included so no problem havin fun wit usin dis mobile .........

K

krazyfrog

^^ Dude 5500 comes with a 512mb card and not 1gb.
BTW pathiks, are you sure 6233 supports .avi files, i mean have you seen it yourself. Because i've never heard/read about it anywhere before. Actually i don't know a single cell phone currently which natively supports this format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom