Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys,

i was searching for a phone preferably a Flap model within a budget of 5,000/-. i narrowed in on to nokia 6085 and sony ericsson Z530i. Though both are costing the same, nokia beats sony hands down considering the features!

Nokia has got a 'card slot' feature along with FM radio whereas the Z530i has neither of them.

is anyone using the nokia 6085?i guess it has been recently introduced into the market. How come nokia included so many features into the phone within that cost. I mean is there any catch in that!?

waiting for your replies!

thanx.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Comparing your two choices, I found that the 6085 has just 4 MB of user memory, While the SE has 24 MB shared. And that the standby time is 240 h vs. SE's 400 h. SE's got IR while this hasn't.

[Can 6085 be expanded? The Z530i can be via Memory Stick Micro (M2)]

Apart from that the Nokia clearly wins on all fronts. Its got edge too. And the screen is 256k colored too (Though its CSTN). Maybe its cheap cause its a new phone?

OP
jack_the_ripper

jack_the_ripper

Dragon!
yes, nokia 6085 has a microSD 'card slot' for expanding the memory..

well standby time of nokia is less, but as far as i know nokia's backup is pretty decent compared to sony!

only thing that the 6085 is missing out on is the IR and that wont make much of a difference i guess?

whats the difference between CSTN(nokia) and UBC(sony)??

Last edited:

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Nokia 6085 is a good phone. The CSTN display doesnt even look different fro ma LCD one. The external display and the overall design is classy.

But, one problem I have seen in it is the "frequent restarting" like in 3110c, when a 1 GB card is used

K

krazyfrog

Please don't buy phones with passive matrix displays. They're really horrible. I'll suggest you increase your budget a bit and buy either 3110c or Z550i.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
krazyfrog said:
Please don't buy phones with passive matrix displays. They're really horrible. I'll suggest you increase your budget a bit and buy either 3110c or Z550i.

-1 for 3110c unless you are using a low capacity microSD card.

K

krazyfrog

infra_red_dude said:
-1 for 3110c unless you are using a low capacity microSD card.
Two of my friends are using it with a 512mb card and one with 1gb card. Neither of them has ever faced a problem.

jack_the_ripper, most of the low-end colour screen phones have passive matrix displays (usually denoted by STN, cSTN, UBC, etc in their spec sheet). If you want a colour screen phone, better spend more and buy a active matrix display phone (denoted by TFT). Your eyes will thank you for it.

OP
jack_the_ripper

jack_the_ripper

Dragon!
@ krazyfrog, u've changed my mind now! 3110c seems to be a nice bet, considering that there isnt much of a price difference between the 6085 and 3110c. But ill be missing the 'flap' feature.

can i know the cost of 3110c?

and i feel that the screen of 3110 is quite small.. I mean its not proportional to the size? comments?

Last edited:

nikhilpai

Techans
Rs. 5700

I can tell u from personal experience that the N6085 display is bad. I had bought it for my wife without noticing that it has a passive display & am now repenting. I am now looking at exchanging it for a 3110

K

krazyfrog

jack_the_ripper the reason 3110c's display is small is because it has 128x160 pixel resolution only. If you want a bigger display, i'll suggest you go for SE Z550i. It has a 176x220 pixel screen which is slightly bigger than that of 3110c. Also it is a clamshell phone, just the way you like it. Price is similar to 3110c.

OP
jack_the_ripper

jack_the_ripper

Dragon!
^^ thanx for the replie buddy. Well i guess Z550i is exceedin my budget. And i was mainly looking for a nokia phone! so ill just stick on to 3110c as of now! will adjust with the screen! :)

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Dude, 6085 restart problems are not often. But in, 3110c, you will see for yourself, when you have it. :eek:

Check other threads

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Well my sis too has 3110c with 512MB transcend microSD card and she too hasn't faced a single problem yet...
+1 for 3110c...

OP
jack_the_ripper

jack_the_ripper

Dragon!
just enquired about the prices... Nokia 6085 is costing 5500/- here! and the 3110c is 500 more than the 6085! certainly exceeding my budget! will try n go for 3110c... or wait for sometime just incase the prices DROP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom