nokia 5300,5200,3110 classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

anuranjan

Broken In
guys i just wanted to know if nokia 5200,5300,3110 classic support third party softwares,that is can we install new softwares in these mobiles like 6600.and do all the three can play video clips and in which format.thanks if anyone could help me

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
5200, 5300 and 3110 are Series 40 phones, means they support only java apps, you cant install symbian applications in them... whereas phones like 6600, 7610, 6630, 6680 etc. are Symbian Series 60 phones and support both java and symbian applications... I would advise you to go for a symbian phone... you can get a good symbian phone at the same price of 5300...

gcbeldar

In the zone
REY619 said:
5200, 5300 and 3110 are Series 40 phones, means they support only java apps, you cant install symbian applications in them... whereas phones like 6600, 7610, 6630, 6680 etc. are Symbian Series 60 phones and support both java and symbian applications... I would advise you to go for a symbian phone... you can get a good symbian phone at the same price of 5300...
Sorry sir. 3230 & 6681 series which in this range, they are old version OS

OP
A

anuranjan

Broken In
guys though 3230 is an old version phone but i believe there is no good symbian phone in 7000 rupees range.so should i go for 3230.by the way thanks for the replies

oval_man

Journeyman
The price of 3230 has gone to 6.7K...

But if you really need a symbian phone,go for N7610 for 7.4K

N72 for 9.5K or Symbian v9.1 device E50 for 9.4K

oval_man

Journeyman
3230 has frequent hanging problem! Most problematic symbian mobile!

Try 7610 which may have less features: No FM,simple 1MP cam..But the most

Beutiful mobile..(won the award many times)...AND MORE STABLE FW!

U'll never regret!!

K

krazyfrog

No device hangs without any reason and 3230 is not an exception for this rule. It all depends on how you use it. 7610 does not hang any less than 3230.

K

krazyfrog

^^ Still it isn't as bad as it is made out to be. What really annoys me is that people who haven't even touched it, go around telling people that it hangs all the time. I've used it extensively and it never crashed while i used it. I'll agree its slow, apps take some time to open and camera takes ages to capture images. But thats mostly due to a slow processor. For an average user, it isn't a bad option as its the only smartphone at its price.

Pathik

Google Bot
It has a slow proccy, low ram and due to some reason it think it sux... And anyways there is no point in going for a os7 fone now...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
krazyfrog said:
^^ Still it isn't as bad as it is made out to be. What really annoys me is that people who haven't even touched it, go around telling people that it hangs all the time. I've used it extensively and it never crashed while i used it. I'll agree its slow, apps take some time to open and camera takes ages to capture images. But thats mostly due to a slow processor. For an average user, it isn't a bad option as its the only smartphone at its price.
i admit i hafnt used it extensively but a period of one week is enough to know abt a phone and my experience wid a completely formatted phone (wid only default apps, and an almost empty memory card) has been disgusting...... updating the firmware didn't haf any major effect on the stability and/or speed.

OP
A

anuranjan

Broken In
i hear that in 3230 we can only get photos via blotooth on phone memory and not on themmc.is it true.and can you suggest me any other phone at 7k in which third party softwares can be installed.

and disd ever 7610 had fm in it.

OP
A

anuranjan

Broken In
guys does anyone has video sample shot by 3230.and can we put any mmc in 3230 or is it necassary it should be of nokia.guys help and is the any site telling prices of memory cards in india

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom