nokia 3120 and dku-5 connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaibhavgarg

Broken In
I have a Nokia 3120 and a DKU-5 connectivity adapter cable. I tried to connect my cell to my PC but could not do so because the cable and the mobile is not detected in the computer. I have windows XP and i vave installed the available drivers . Pls help..............

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
I have the same model .. and im thinking of buying a dku5 cable soon.
This shudnt happen !!
did ya install DKU5 Driver
and if possible .. install Nokia PC Suite too

-----
alibi

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
man just install the nokia pc suite software thing from the Cd which u got along with the phone and see the oxygen phone manager as well, this should work ....

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
alib_i is right...u need 2 install the DKU5 driver separately...it isnt in the PC Suite...but u can find it on the CD...or get it frm nokia's website

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
i've already given the link to DKU5 driver ...
here u go again --> DKU5 Driver Link

-----
alibi

OP
V

vaibhavgarg

Broken In
As I told u , I have already istalled all the drivers available. I also tried to install a multiport serial adapter and a virtual com port using an existing USB to serial driver but all this was of no use. The cable is simply NOT detected in
(a)MobiMb v2.2,v2.3
(b)Nokia PC Suite
(c)Oxygen Phone Manager 2

Pls give a solution which will solve this problem . I have also checked my USB ports.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
im only guessing but it may have 2 do with ur computer not having enough power...if u havent tried it already, try removing other USB devices and then connecting the phone...

OP
V

vaibhavgarg

Broken In
Hey Nemesis,
It has nothing to do with the computer having enough power or not and i have already disconnected all USB devices.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
It has some issues with a pirated copy of XP. My friend had same problems and it was asking for SP1. So he next tried it on a friend's comp with a XP SP1 OS and voila! everything ran smoothly.

OP
V

vaibhavgarg

Broken In
ctrl_alt_del said:
It has some issues with a pirated copy of XP. My friend had same problems and it was asking for SP1. So he next tried it on a friend's comp with a XP SP1 OS and voila! everything ran smoothly.

Dear ctrl_alt_del,
I have windows XP SP2 os and Its a licenced copy to boot.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Then it might have some issues with SP2! :lol:

Jokes apart, I think you should pay a visit to the Nokia website and look for support and troubleshooting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom