Nokia 1200 alternative at current market?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
My six years old Nokia 1200 is almost dying, it's my tertiary phone and the battery is almost dead. So need to buy an alternative. What's there? Nokia 108? Call quality is extremely important (just fine won't do, it has to be great, like 1200 if not better), as well as build quality, nothing else matters. Budget as low as possible, within 2k definitely.

Thanks in advance.

PS : No Micro..., Lava....,Carboune....etc..

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Guys I asked this seriously :)

I don't think you can find a much better phone under 2k other than Nokia. So go with Nokia 108 @ 1.8k (flipkart)

1) Call quality is extremely good,
2) Loud Ring tones,
3) Exceptionally hard to break

My mother has Nokia 101 which is in the same league but 108 is much better.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I don't think you can find a much better phone under 2k other than Nokia. So go with Nokia 108 @ 1.8k (flipkart)

1) Call quality is extremely good,
2) Loud Ring tones,
3) Exceptionally hard to break

My mother has Nokia 101 which is in the same league but 108 is much better.
Thanks a lot Sunil. Just one question, have you personally done any calling on any 108 or just speaking from reviews?

rish1

Cyborg Agent
even i am looking for a decent phone in this range

is the phone better than Nokia 100 ? in terms of loudspeaker volume and build quality ?

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Moto X is my primary phone now. BlackBerry Bold 2 secondary. So need a third phone :D

I always like it having a super cheap phone, when I go out for a walk after coming home from office tired I don't take any bulk with me, I don't like to be reminded that I'm carrying something in those cases, thus... :D

sushovan

In the zone
just curious, are you the same guy who created a thread a while back at TE forum about being cheated by a fraud on ebay regarding an imported One M7?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Moto X is my primary phone now. BlackBerry Bold 2 secondary. So need a third phone :D

I always like it having a super cheap phone, when I go out for a walk after coming home from office tired I don't take any bulk with me, I don't like to be reminded that I'm carrying something in those cases, thus... :D

i know that feel,i still have my old phones(BB9700,9780,9790) love the feel of the old phones once in a while

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
I could have suggested you the 515, but, for one, it is overpriced by a huge margin and, second, feature phones are now history. You cannot even get reliable second hand phones let alone buying a new one. Nokia has probably stopped producing feature phones so maybe, some other manufacturers are into this market ? I know those local MMX, Karbonn are not worth it but, how about looking into Alcatel or something similar ? I guess you're getting one just for reliability in those emergency situations ?

The last Nokia that I personally used was my friend's 2730 classic, if it helps

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Due to the ease of dialing, i always carry my feature phone with me - Samsung guru. Its contact list accessibility is even easier than nokia. Just type first 3 or 4 letters of the contact directly from the screen( e.g . for mom just type 666 and it will bring up the contact list matching these letter combo's ) and press dial.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
just curious, are you the same guy who created a thread a while back at TE forum about being cheated by a fraud on ebay regarding an imported One M7?
Yes.
i know that feel,i still have my old phones(BB9700,9780,9790) love the feel of the old phones once in a while
Yep, same here. Old phones are / were one of their kind. Back at that time we didn't use to judge a phone by sodding specifications.

I only asked for Nokia because my faith in Samsung has gone after using the E1252, it was okay for first one year, then software bugs started to appear. Alarm doesn't ring always, some keys on the keypad are stuck or need to be pressed really hard, sorry Samsung, when I see that my six years old Nokia 1200 is still as the day as it's first (excluding the battery of course) I just can't believe you. For low budget phones, Nokia does the basics right, Samsung does not, from my personal experience at least.

Nokia 108 it is.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Yes.

Yep, same here. Old phones are / were one of their kind. Back at that time we didn't use to judge a phone by sodding specifications.

I only asked for Nokia because my faith in Samsung has gone after using the E1252, it was okay for first one year, then software bugs started to appear. Alarm doesn't ring always, some keys on the keypad are stuck or need to be pressed really hard, sorry Samsung, when I see that my six years old Nokia 1200 is still as the day as it's first (excluding the battery of course) I just can't believe you. For low budget phones, Nokia does the basics right, Samsung does not, from my personal experience at least.

Nokia 108 it is.

yep totally agreed!!btw you changed your forum name?! :p :D

Top Bottom