Nok 5300 vs SE K750i ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bongourav

Broken In
Hi friends ...
I wanted some help from you ....
Can anyone tell me which one is really worth a buy --- Nokia 5300 or SE K750i ?
Though I don't know much about mobile phones, I believe Nokia has a much better battery life and more stylish (slide-open feature). At the same time I have also heard a lot about the excellent features of K750i.
I am totally puzzled. Please help me choose a better phone. My requirement is basically a mixed kind of a phone --- I mean good looks, sound quality, camera etc ... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO REPLY ....

K

krazyfrog

K750i
Pros: Great camera with auto-focus, great audio quality, good all round features, java app can be minimised, great value for money.
Cons: Unexciting design, problematic joystick, no EDGE, no flight mode.
Pros: Good music player, great audio quality, external music keys, stereo bluetooth headset support, 3.5 mm audio adaptor supplied, 256 mb memory card supplied, QVGA display, EDGE, universal usb slot.
Cons: Only 1.3 mpix camera of average quality, no camera flash, java apps cannot be minimised.
You have to choose your priorities as these are fairly different phones to choose from.

Pathik

Google Bot
well actually i wd take a 5300...
the camera of k750i is 2mp whereas of 5300 is 1.3mp...
k750i also supports higher resos..
5300 has edge but k750 doesnt..
the sound quality of 5300 is a lil better than k750i...
*www.gsmarena.com/nokia_5300-1718.php
*www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_k750-1090.php

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i'd say if u are not keen on cam quality and want symbian go in for 5300. but for everything else other than symbian, slider design and edge go in for k750i and abt the sound quality, get a pair of hpm70 earbuds.

i dunno the price of 5300. guess it should be around 12k or so. if u want a bigger storage card and hpm70, the the price of k750i wid these accessories will almost same as 5300. so upon almost equalling the features:

things which are in favour of 5300:
slider design
symbian os
edge

things which are against:
very average cam quality
restrictions in java app usage
no flash

things in favour of k750i:
excellant cam quality
autofocus for macro mode shots
good audio output (wid hpm70)
multitasking wid java apps
2 led flash

things against k750i:
no symbian
no edge

so decide wisely!

assasin

Banned
@infra red dude Nokia 5300 is not a Symbian fone,it a s40 3rd edition.
Instead of 5300,go 4 5500 cuz its a Symbian fone(s60v3),has the best multitasking abilities(bet 5500,5300 & K750i),has 2MP cam,audio quality is gr8,comes bundled with 512MB microSD crd & 3.5mm stereo adaptor.
cost=12.5k

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
Blutooth Stereo Headsets are becoming popular now-a-days,it is very unfortunate even expensive mobiles like N73,N93,N70 and W700i,K750i lack A2DP(Blutooth Stereo).
Newer Mobiles like 5300/5200 support them.

assasin

Banned
@pathiks 15k for 5500??????????I bought mine with bill for 12.5k.Plz confirm the price u know from ur dealer.

K

krazyfrog

Yeah, 5500 is 12.5k in alfa(mumbai, vile-parle) with bill.

K

krazyfrog

N72=14.5k
6233=12.5k
W810i=14k
(all of the prices are with bill)

OP
bongourav

bongourav

Broken In
Thanks guys ... Thanks a lot for your help ! I guess I'll soon be buying a Nokia 5500 ... I hope that's the best I can get in this range at the moment !!! Thnx Once again !!!

G

gxsaurav

Nokia 5300 is better, if music is concerned. If u have not made your purchase, take a look at W700i or W550i (lacks expandable memory)

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
krazyfrog said:
N72=14.5k
6233=12.5k
W810i=14k
(all of the prices are with bill)

Just yesterday my friend buy Nokia N72 from his friends shop for Rs.13.3k
what a great price. Hope W810i alos goes down too.

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
Well well. The same old fight between Nokia & Sony Ericsson. This will never end. Myself a proud owner of Motorola L7 & Sony Ericsson K800i. And I've always avoided using Nokia.

Nokia is good in battery, signal strength and build quality but they lack the punch. Being a Symbian phone doesn't mean anything to most of the users. So that can be a excuse for buying a Nokia. Its a personal choice.. And believe me this fight has no end.

Now for those supporting K750i. You got one more vote. That will be me. But like every good things have to go one day, our beloved K750i is also dying. In abroad its not available anymore(I mean no fresh stock). But still its worth a thousand Nokia.

How can you compare 5300 and K750i. look at the features and the price. Do you still think they are comparable.....................................

OP
bongourav

bongourav

Broken In
Crazy Kidd said:
How can you compare 5300 and K750i. look at the features and the price. Do you still think they are comparable.....................................

Hey common ... You seem to be a die hard fan of SE but my point of comparing K750i with Nokia 5300 does make a point. For instance, just look at both of them. The biggest drawback of K750i is is small screen. On the other hand, look at 5300 ... wow .... wat a kool sliding look !

Don't you think that 5300 has an edge over K750i in matters of look ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom