The error message I get is
Code:
/usr/bin/compiz.real: No composite extension

Program exited with code 01.

OP
M

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Sorry for opening up an old thread. But, atlast I got 3D desktop working.
Beryl + AIGLX is working great on my new 7600GS card and a new 400W SMPS.

But, still I am having problems while running 3D as non-root. infact even if I give glxinfo command as non-root user, the Xserver crashes. Any ideas?

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
Here is something I found on Fedora Forum. Try it...

Troubles with AIGLX
the defaults xorg.conf's in FC6 should work, but things don't always work as they should. Here's a few tips that have helped others:
Add these parts to your xorg.conf (/etc/X11/xorg.conf) if you don't already have it:
In your "Device" section:
Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
Option "DisableGLXRootClipping" "True"
Just have this somewhere, but not within another Section:
Section "DRI"
Group 0
Mode 0666
EndSection
It seems some of the default fc6 xorg.conf's don't have a "Module" section. If you're missing one, just leave it be like that. It will load the needed modules for AIGLX by default. (This applies to the two next points)
And this in your Module section, if you have a Module section:
Load "extmod"
If you're using ATi, the following in your "Module" section:
Load "dri"

Also try to delete that user & home folder then create a new user. this might solve your problem...

OP
M

mehulved

I have tried everything but the last line. And that's too dangerous. I have a lot f things lying in my ~ folder, don't wanna loose those and no space to move them. And I am on edgy not on FC.

eddie

El mooooo
After X crashes, check Xorg.0.log. Do you get something interesting or related?

Last edited:

eddie

El mooooo
Ok then do one thing. Stop your X server totally. Now, login from a virtual console and start X server using startx. Do everything needed to crash X and see what output you get in the console. Also, now you should have something good in Xorg.0.log. Upload the log file, xorg.conf and errors (if any) you get on virtual console somewhere..lets see what it says.

OP
M

mehulved

Xserver isn't working as non-root user as of now.
And X doesn't crash due to some reason. Many times it crashes randomly after some period of time and other times it crashes when I type glxinfo or start anything that uses 3D.
Still I will try again and see what happens and post the logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom