No sound output <Strange>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello frens,
I am having problem with sound in my PC. My inbuilt sound card is Sigmatel and is well installed. Whenever I try to play music or any sound file, it plays well but there is no output from the card. I tested with every possible things such as microphone, woofer.

I tried if there's wrong with my my cable but that was not the case. I checked every possibilities, BIOS informed audio enabled, device manager Audio device installed, media player plays sound well EXCEPT I hear no sound from my speakers (which work fine with my other audio devices including woofer).

I didn't listened music for around 2 months. Later I find myself disappointed @ just watching movie video with no audio. Please, help. Is there anything I can do without installing another external sound card? Which are and How much does good quality sound cards costs?
Waiting

shantanu

Technomancer
You can go for Creative sound blaster series :

they starts from Rs.1200/- and the best is X-fi series which is very expensive

for normal user. audigy 2 value or audigy value or ven @4000 Audigy 4 is available with remote

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Please
1. probe your card with Everest Home Edition
2. Visit the manufacturers website and download and install the latest drivers.

If your sound card is built in your motherboard manufacturer will give you the drivers to download

Install new drivers!

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
gearShifts said:
Hello frens,

media player plays sound well EXCEPT I hear no sound from my speakers (which work fine with my other audio devices including woofer).
i can't understand this line.Please elaborate.

suave_guy

pedal to metal
yeah very strange...cant understand what exactly is the problem...
explain the problem again plz
also make sure all the equalizer settings are turned off

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Re: cant figure it out

You said that Sound is heard from the woofers, but not from the speakers. Then I think, the it is configured as 4.1 or else. How many channels are there??

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Re: cant figure it out

Same thread as *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48043
reported
I think you are Gearshifts as well :D

OP
G

gearShifts

oops!
shantanu_webmaster said:
which player are you using!!

Try installing a updated Version of Media player

I have tried with many media players most updated, I mostly use WMP11, Creative Media Suite, WinDVD. But nothing happens.

Nops, neither speakers nor woofer produce any sound when plugged onto the onboard sound outlets.

Last edited:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
do one thinggo to RUN>> DXDIAG...

check for sound problem if any in directX...run all test..and give ur feeback if any error or anything like that......

Also ensure your speakers match the card output. Digital for digital, analog for analog. You need to check the speaker output in your settings to digital if using digital speakers. Most of the time it will default to analog.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom