No sound from speaker or headphone

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
I was having random bsod . So formatted my hard drive , installed window 8 64 bit , then installed realtek audio driver that i got with my gigabyte mobo cd. Bt sound is not coming either from speakers and headphones . I already have checked it twice , and they both work with my cell phone . Trying to solve this from 3 hour . Any help is appreciated .

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Yeah both ! Though at full volume i can hear some crack sound from speaker like buzzz...

Yeah both ! Though at full volume i can hear some crack sound from speaker like buzzz...

Download any live linux and boot with that live linux. Check if the the sound comes then. this will make it sure whether its a software issue or a hardware issue.

please can you eloborate more? Knows nothing about live linux thing

Download any linus (puppy linux is a small download, Download latest Puppy Linux release) and make a bootable USB drive containing linux using Universal USB Creator or other software. then, boot to linus with this bootable pen drive and play some sound in Linux to see if audio works or not.

Another way would be to boot to some other OS installation, like using your friend's hard disk to boot to his OS ans see if audio works (orf course after installing drivers).

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Download any linus (puppy linux is a small download, Download latest Puppy Linux release) and make a bootable USB drive containing linux using Universal USB Creator or other software. then, boot to linus with this bootable pen drive and play some sound in Linux to see if audio works or not.

Another way would be to boot to some other OS installation, like using your friend's hard disk to boot to his OS ans see if audio works (orf course after installing drivers).

formatted my hard disk , installed fresh OS , installed all drivers including sound driver realtek hd manager . Still no sound . Can only hear buzz/hum sound from speaker or headphone all the time as soon as computer starts ( even if I don't play any music) . Even if I mute sound from window toolbar , I can still hear the crack buzz sound from speaker/headphone . It only stop if I remove the speaker cord from green jack or off the speaker .

formatted my hard disk , installed fresh OS , installed all drivers including sound driver realtek hd manager . Still no sound . Can only hear buzz/hum sound from speaker or headphone all the time as soon as computer starts ( even if I don't play any music) . Even if I mute sound from window toolbar , I can still hear the crack buzz sound from speaker/headphone . It only stop if I remove the speaker cord from green jack or off the speaker .

Which is the default audio playback device in you system. Check it by these steps: Right click on volume icon in taskbar > Playback devices. Post a screenshot of that window.

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
uploaded !

My monitor also have a inbuit speaker . When I am connecting it with motherboard green jack , I cant hear a sound , but as soon as I connect the monitor with other device ( like cell phone or ipod) , I can hear the sound clearly . Is it safe to assume that motherboard on board sound is busted ???

Attachments

• sound.jpg
    sound.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 107
Top Bottom