NO Gears Of War 2 For PC, thanks to Piracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Epic Games won't be bringing Gears of War 2 to the PC. That's their story and they're stickin' to it. It's "definitely" not happening, swears designer Cliff Bleszinski, pointing to a worsening PC gaming environment.

"The person who is savvy enough to want to have a good PC to upgrade their video card, is a person who is savvy enough to know [BitTorrent] to know all the elements so they can pirate software," says Bleszinski. "Therefore, high-end videogames are suffering very much on the PC."

*www.neowin.net/news/gamers/08/10/01/why-no-gears-of-war-2-for-pc-well-piracy-for-one

tbh, there's more pirated x360 games (latest) than PC, coz we PC gamers' dont get much games:p

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
thats not very true,xbox360 games are more expensive and piracy is rampant there too.

Only if the developers make good enough games and publishers do away the starfarce and other BS and lower the costs,I don't think they can fail.

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
Only if the developers make good enough games and publishers do away the starfarce and other BS and lower the costs,I don't think they can fail.

Absolutely true. IIRC the last game he worked on, i.e. Unreal Tournament, came with no copy protection at all and it is one of the most successful multiplayer games ever. I hope this is all a marketing conspiracy to please 360 fanboys and Gears2 does come out for PC eventually.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I dont giv a fk, gears was easy and repetative. Almost rubbish after 1 hr, i know many will disagree, but this is what i feel. It may be one of best games for XBOX but PC gamers have higher standards. Shooting games with a joystick is a big joke.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why God???? Oh, that's right. Coz I don't want to spend on one game as much as I spend on groceries for a week.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Yus X360 games are pirated more then PC games......I also got my X360 modded :lol:. PSP games, PS2 games, DS games.....all are pirated. Only PS3 is spared by piracy and thats the reason for its failure in India and other countries too....

Now I wonder if directors will come and say that they are not going to make films bcoz of piracy.....:lol:

ancientrites

In the zone
hahahaa... good one KPower Mania.the last one i saw fifa 09 for xbox360 on torrents site.we pc gamers are in no hurry because there are more intense games coming out for pc.eventually gow2 will come out for pc and if it doesnt come out who cares.....

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
"We won't release games for the PC coz you're all friggin' pirates!!"... Hilarious!! :D

Most PC gamers will probably stick two fingers up at Epic Games! Anyways, I've got a conspiracy theory:

They refuse to release games for the PC because of piracy. In a way, they're trying to wind up gamers who actually buy legit copies and turn 'em against the pirates. Divide and rule, anyone? The legit guys then start reporting piracy to the authorities. Epic Games wins!

I know it's absurd, but I was bored!! :D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
If Cliff Bleszinski thinks that PC is the hub of Piracy then god help him.Xbox 360 versions get leaked on D-day itself not to mention some games like GTA IV, Saints Row 2 & Fifa 09 getting leaked a week in advance.Now that's not a healthy sign for consoles, is it? :D

The point is do whatever you can but piracy will prevail.Instead of using it as an excuse to not release a game on PC platform just shows a good amount of laziness.I highly doubt this will happen.When Gears of War came out for the 360 & broke all records Cliff said that PC won't be able to handle this game.What a joke? ;) Then later it got announced for PC & worked better than the 360 (albeit with a few bugs) & we got more content.So there's a high chance of this game coming onto the PC as well.

EPIC should know that PC is the platform where they initially started out with & that made them what they are today.Abandoning it with an excuse of piracy is a joke.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Yes, that is true. Console games need not be cracked so they are up on torrent/warez network as soon as they are released :razz:. God help CliffyB 8).

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Indians will buy every game if its priced upto 300/- at the time of release . Students here are the major buyers and almost 95% of families wont give them money to buy games (obvious). They have to manage it from their pocket money, and when they can not they pirate a 1000-2000/- game. Nothing can be done from the consumer side, its the companies who have to make the product more affordable.

My friend last week got IGI-2 (which released ages ago) for 490/- WTF. its a sh1t game and totally not worth it, I'll pay this much for IGI 1 but not 2.

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
Indians will buy every game if its priced upto 300/- at the time of release . Students here are the major buyers and almost 95% of families wont give them money to buy games (obvious). They have to manage it from their pocket money, and when they can not they pirate a 1000-2000/- game. Nothing can be done from the consumer side, its the companies who have to make the product more affordable.

My friend last week got IGI-2 (which released ages ago) for 490/- WTF. its a sh1t game and totally not worth it, I'll pay this much for IGI 1 but not 2.

Absolutely right man price of games are so high in india that torrent remain the cheapest way.
In japan for intense they get XBOX 360 arcade edition for only 7.2k.....
this show that we still are in the well and waiting for someone to take us out......:(:(

pc_game_lover2004

~Beating Toughest Games~

I agree completely :D

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
As if only pirated games..are being used...gosh...Epic games..really have their logic incorrect. Two Channels of distribution:

1. Normal Retail (which is quite a lot)
2. Pirate Retail (which is also quite a bit, but not always reliable).

By sticking to their dumb a** theory, they are loosing out a lot from "1". Why are they still releasing games for PC. If they are so scared of Piracy, they should stop all production for PC....!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom