No display ........

heartripple

In the zone
Hello guys,

I am facing a problem of no display for last 5-6 days......

I have EVGA 9800 GTX graphic card....I have tried to attach to another DVI port of graphic card to my Monitor but no change ..then I have attached monitor to VGA port of my Asus P8Z68-V motherboard.At this time there is a display and its quite well....

So I am worried that my graphic card is dead or what?
But at boot time there is no error code beep ... so I am confused...

Please guys tell me what to do...

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
It looks as if your gfx card is dead. Have you tried removing and reseating it?

Another remote possibility: Most motherboards use the graphics card automatically if it's present, but I've known a few mobos that have to be manually set in the BIOS. That is, it will keep on using the onboard video even if a graphics card is installed unless it is set in the BIOS to use the card.

I suggest you connect your monitor to the onboard output and check the BIOS to see if it's set to Auto or to PCI-E.

BTW, while trying to solve this kind of problem, it's best to disconnect your hard disk.

OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
I have tried remove and re insert the card in it worked 2-3 times....

But its not a good idea that one should have to do this for few times in a week...

In BIOS its set as PCIE/PCI

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Try to use your graphics card in another system if no success then your card is dead time for RMA it.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is your card showing in the device manager after booting with the VGA port of your mobo?

Cool Comps

Pirate Slayer
i have a problem. But its quite different.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-...-no-signal-detected-even-though-computer.html

OP
heartripple

heartripple

In the zone
Is your card showing in the device manager after booting with the VGA port of your mobo?

Yeah quite nicely........
But One thing I want to say is these problem hasn't occurred since yesterday......
Right now I am using my graphic card with no problem what so ever......

Though I will check my display card with my friend's PC

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
If it ain't broken why fix it? Enjoy your moment. If problem resurfaces (God forbid), then test it in other system.

Cool Comps

Pirate Slayer
my problem DID re occur. I think It re occurs after every time i leave my comp on in the night to download stuff.

But that shouldnt happen. Its not my gpu since i tried with integrated gfx and it still didnt work. I dont think its my monitor. So i think the only option left is the Mobo. Gotta claim warranty i guess.
Can it be that my mobo thinks that i am in standby mode?

Top Bottom