No display...help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmax_tt

Broken In
i have nVIDIA GeForce 7600GT,400W SMPS, MSI K9N Neo F, AMD Athon64 X2 3600+, 2X 512MB @ 667MHz

sumtimes my pc act strange that i dont give display and the monitor light is blinking but no display... after powering on and off for about 30 times, it finally give display(sumtimes it dont and i have it switch off the plug)..... this happens once a day....

plz help....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^^

Yup, not only that, Resetting every possible thing :p yes usually its a sign of Dust in RAM slots :p but as u have grfx card, detach and clean the Socket and the card edges, just like u r suggested to do with RAM, plug them back in :p

slugger

Banned
CRT monitor na!!??

actually i 2 face this problem and also have the solution

wat happens is when i switch on power to my monitor [cold start], it makes 2 clicking sound [d monitor], within a gap of say 2-3 sec

if i start d computer b4 hearing these 2 clicks, i face d same prob u face,

so i wait 4 d 3-4 sec interval 2 hear d 2 clicks and only then do i press d start button of my cabinet, simple!!!!!

Ankit

Journeyman
dear slugger ur advice didn't worked for me...me too facing same problem...
when after 30-40 attempts computer boots 9 disply avlbl) the pc works absolutely fine but again this problem...psu fault??

sashijoseph

In the zone
ya,could be a psu problem.Try removing and reinserting the psu motherboard connector.And while you're at it try the same with all other pci,vga cards etc.
Try shorting the motherboard "pwr_sw" pins directly(to rule out problem with the switch itself).

Borrow a psu from a friend for testing.If everything fails,your motherboard could be the culprit.

Ankit

Journeyman
psu is workin for sure...may be there is some problem regarding it's capacity to take loads ( not enough juice in it)...problem with the switch is ruled out i have checked it...

OP
madmax_tt

madmax_tt

Broken In
i borrowd my frens graphic card ie.7300 GT. but the same problem happens. ive flashd my mobo with the latest version and flashd back with the previous one...but flashing dnt solve....

slugger

Banned
well if witing for 6 seconds after hering d second beep did not solve ur problem, den i guess its time 2 call d monitor technician

also r u connecting ur monitor to d SMPS?

if u have a UPS/spike guard, den u may wan 2 connect it to those than connceting it to d SMPS

mine is directly connected to the UPS

OP
madmax_tt

madmax_tt

Broken In
yes...ive connect the monitor to d SMPS.... but connecting directly to the UPS also dnt solve the problem.....

coolsunny

Journeyman
Fast of all clear all dust on mobo..
tell me the brand of ur RAM.r u in over clocking ur system?
do u have rear fan in cabinet ?
See the capacitors near processor.There may be leakage problem in these..

OP
madmax_tt

madmax_tt

Broken In
brand is TRANSCEND....no overclocking.....yes my cabinet has 4 LED fan...2 on side, 1 rear and 1 on top....... ive checkd the mobo.....everythngs fine....no burnt or capacitors leakage....

coolsunny

Journeyman
u can try one thing.make ur main power supply off. then take out both of ur ram & cmos battery.reinstall them after a few seconds..it may help u.

OP
madmax_tt

madmax_tt

Broken In
its not helping.....ive tried it befor........2 days back, it successfuly boot up.....but when i shut down and power on again, display wnt cum anymore :-(

coolsunny

Journeyman
Check connections.there may be loose connection
If ur motherboard's cpu fan is running when u swithched ON ur cpu,but no display then it might be ur motherboard problem.then u have to contact the shop dealers from where u bought ur system..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom