No career after +2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckhamgal

Bionic Woman
Hey guys,
I am a +2 student giving boards. And the meltdown has become a nightmare now; it worries me a lot:cry:. I have filled forms of various engg collages nd m gonna appear in those exams. But i don't think its that secured, you see, m talking about job security. They are not placing students. Placements have drifted to 35%. Its almost like I m standing nowhere. I dont know what to do n how to cope with all this. I hv applied for CLAT too:???:, being the field which is a bit secured than engg. But the courses are of 5 yrs n have little scope to evolve. I guess, government jobs would now again come into race, i mean they already are! To sum up, I m super confused, don't know where to apply or what to apply. Any advices??

Thanks in advance!

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
First of all you can start by not counting yourself among the lot who will not be placed:cool:

Secondly if you consider, every field is effected now. SO don't loose hope and keep trying..

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
you are in +.. just get into a college already.... after grad..or final year..post this....

Infernal12

Sony Ericsson Lover
Look at it this way (that's what I do, im giving the boards too right now)...
It will be four years from now on that we graduate. The situation may not be so bad then. Do what you like to do, and become the best at it ;)

mrintech

Technomancer
There is no need to worry as when companies comes to your college (in future) IT market will be Up and same goes for all other fields too.

Recession will not last for ever ;) Just study sincerely and give exams at your best

All the Best :)

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
You've got nothing to worry about right now apart from getting into a good college. After that, just maintain a percentage of 65+ in every sem so that you're eligible for almost every company.

nithin933

Right off the assembly line
You've got nothing to worry about right now apart from getting into a good college. After that, just maintain a percentage of 65+ in every sem so that you're eligible for almost every company.
but what will be the preffered option for study in collage brother BA????

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I think you should be happy that there is a meltdown now. Imagine the state of those who went to college during the boom time, paying exorbitant fees, and having high expectations, only to graduate at a time the economy is nose diving. By the time you graduate it'll be boom time again :) believe me.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
One more thing, don't go for EEE, E&C and other "high value" fields JUST BECAUSE everyone else is going for them. Do something you're genuinely interested in. When my brother opted for chemical engineering in 2000 we were not exactly encouraging him as he had a good rank and was getting merit seats in all the IN FIELDS of the time, like E&C, EEE and what not. But he wanted to become a chemical engineer, and stuck to his guns no matter what we said. Today he is working in the post of a Senior Engineer earning a good salary, and most important, HE IS HAPPY. I think you can learn a very important lesson here.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
I have seen this amongst students a lot, sure "placements" are something to worry about, But I keep telling this to all the folks like you I meet, hardly NONE of that matters if you have better skills than your peers, have a strong CV and you can find great jobs from the shittiest of courses/colleges.

So rather than worrying so much about colleges,placements etc you should simply start learning and doing things, practical real world stuff. Start working on personal projects and such.

I say this because I personally have gone through this experience, my other friends got into some really great colleges, but they all ended up in companies like Infy, all going through their "training", one of them even got kicked out because they didn't pass the exam. I on the other hand worked on more real world things than worrying about studies, ( barely got 65% ) and I was in one of the shittiest colleges in my city ( only 6 students out of 500 odd got placed ).

And sorry for the shameless plug but just to provide a example, I got four offers from different companies.

So IMHO it really doesn't help you worrying about college/placement. If you have the right skills you will get a job.

sagar_coolx

Journeyman
first you should Graduate in a good field and then go for MBA then it is rather good

not quite the suggestion he is looking for here

NikhilVerma said:
I on the other hand worked on more real world things than worrying about studies, ( barely got 65% ) and I was in one of the shittiest colleges in my city ( only 6 students out of 500 odd got placed )

for my personal curiosity, could you please explain what real world things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom