no boot no display .. possible mobo problem?

sjstays

Broken In
Hi all,

i have been facing a problem with my PC ..

the system used to shut down on its own, sometimes with a blue screen error. after a few days, it now has a no boot no display error. tried to use only one stick of memory in alternate slots. no go, tied reseated the CMOS battery.. tried without the gfx card, no go.. finally changed the PSU, worked for a few minutes and then again i am back to the no boot no display scenario. cleaned up the entire rig.. unseated the processor, reapplied the thermal paste, still no go. please let me know if this is an issue with my motherboard.. please find below my config:

Asus M2n-Mx motherboard
2 gb of ram (2 sticks)
athlon CPU X3 Phenom
Geforce GTS 450
1.75 TB HDD

let me know what should be my next step of action?

also can anyone suggest me a good motherboard to go with the same processor??

guys - please help,, cause am not that a tech savvy guy,, and i need the system back up and running. let me know in case i missed out any of the details.

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
hey your problem seems tricky
do you have a UPS
if no then may be due to some electrical fault your PC may not be booting up !!

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Unsure about the exact situation, but check motherboard. If possible & your problem continues like this, send your motherboard for RMA.

BTW, which PSU you are using?

OP
S

sjstays

Broken In
using a frontech 450w psu now.. previously a 550w of the same make... i don use a ups. i don want to sound naive.. but the same setup used to work before. have got the electric connections checked and the earthing is fine.

thanks for the replies. :)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Now this problem can either be from your motherboard or from your ram module(s). No. But you have said that your system ran perfectly with new PSU for some time, I'll cast doubt over the ability of your PSU.

Frontech PSUs are never famous for its built quality. So, if possible try to get Corsair CX series PSU & be sure that problem is not happening due to low quality PSU.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
GTS450 is way too heavy for a crap local PSU. try running your system without the GPU. or have you already done it with the new 450W?

Top Bottom