Hello everyone!

posting this on behalf of a friend. he recently bought the following config:

AMD FX6300
Asus M5A97 LE R2.0
Kingston HyperX 4GBx2 1600MHz RAM
Seasonic S12II - 520W
Sapphire HD7870 2GB
NZXT Gamma

now, he wishes to use his old HDD (which was connected to his old PC) in his new system, and install Win 7 on it. but, when he starts up his new PC, he tells me that he just gets a blank, black screen, with no text that tells to press F2/F5/F8/Del to enter BIOS screen. he pressed all of those function-buttons, but even then, the BIOS screen didn't show up. wanted to know what could be the issue. is it GPU related? please advise.

Vyom93

Journeyman
did he heard some beeps while booting, check GPU power connector and monitor is connected properly

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
no beeps while booting. anyway, i have asked him to connect the display-cable from the monitor to motherboard's display port, instead of to the GPU. will get to know the outcome tonight.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
a strange thing occurred! he installed his older GPU on the motherboard, and the display showed up on the monitor. sensing trouble with the GPU, he took it to Aditya Infotech, and requested them to check it. it was checked, and found to be working, and without any fault. the person at the office told me friend that had you not requested us to check it, we would've given you a replacement.

so now, do you think the motherboard has got a problem? but how come his older GPU worked on it (HD3870)?!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
a strange thing occurred! he installed his older GPU on the motherboard, and the display showed up on the monitor. sensing trouble with the GPU, he took it to Aditya Infotech, and requested them to check it. it was checked, and found to be working, and without any fault.

the person at the office told me friend that had you not requested us to check it, we would've given you a replacement.

don't you think the two statements opposing each other ?

so now, do you think the motherboard has got a problem? but how come his older GPU worked on it (HD3870)?!

I think the motherboard is ok but still you can try updating the bios to the latest and then install the new gpu again.

Top Bottom