NO AGP ? HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lars

Right off the assembly line
thinkin of buyig this hcl 43,000 approx.
P4 2.6 ghz
512mb ddr
80 gb hdd
17" monitor
BUT there is NO AGP Slot!!!!
no graphics card support!
i'm kinda new at this but i think agp is needed for graphics card?
somebody please tell me whats goin' on?

THNX IN ADVANCE!!!

theraven

Technomancer
dude
agp is a must
for future upgrades if nuthin else
id suggest u go for an assmbled one instead ...
AGP=Accelerated Graphics Port
its the slot where ur graphics card would go if u had one
for 43000 u can get a much better rig if u think it through

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I can give u only one suggestion :
DON'T GO IN FOR THAT 43K SYSTEM!!!
U can assemble ur own powerhouse for less than that. As for AGP, it is a must. Without an AGP slot, ur system will painfully grunt every time u try to play any of th latest games using th onboard gfx, and after an year or so, it won't even be able to run th latest (and greatest :) )games!!

Take my advice, I'm speaking thru my experience ;)

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
I agree with the other posters' advice to go for an assembled system. Since you're "kinda new at this", it's understandable if you find the prospect a little daunting at first, but there are a lot of helpful knowledgeable people here who can guide you.

You could enlist the aid of a pro or an experienced friend to do the actual assembling, but it will help if you know what you want. The most suitable configuration for you depends on what you're going to use it for. Perhaps you're one of many who do a little of everything - some gaming without needing high-end stuff, word-processing, Internet, etc.

Here's an example of a mid-level system :
- Athlon XP 2600+ 333MHz FSB (being phased out but still available and good value)
- Krypton C18G-400 motherboard (actually a Biostar)
- 512MB DDR RAM (PC400/PC3200) in 2 sticks of 256MB so you can run it in dual-channel mode
- 80GB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
- Liteon/Asus/Sony CD-ROM/CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive
- Cabinet with front USB & audio ports
- 17" Samsung Magic Bright monitor
- 2.1 speakers, multimedia keyboard, entry-level optical mouse

[Just an example, guys - no flames please... :)]

Depending on where you live and where you shop, this setup will set you back ROUGHLY 30k.

The mobo has GeForce4 MX graphics onboard which is OK for casual gaming, and it has an 8X AGP slot if you want to put in a better card.

This is just an example, and possible variations are endless. E.g., you can save about 2.5k by going for a non-flat tube monitor. You could opt for an Asus motherboard using the same nForce2 chipset like the A7N8X series (2-3k more). You could substitute the HDD with a 120GB unit. If gaming's not important, you can do with 256MB RAM and save about 2.5k, etc, etc, etc.

And then there are 64-bit systems, and that opens a whole new can of worms.

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
this thread will help u with ur agp problem
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7401

..:: Peace ::..
Jeba

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
hey guys which mobo is it may be it used a 915/925 chipset thay do not have a AGP slot and rightly so as the new pci express takes care of that so dont be discouraged find out the mobo it is using

theraven

Technomancer
with that config and price for a branded pc??
i doubt its a 915/925 ... !!!
still stranger thigns are known to happen ..

theraven

Technomancer
btw pimpom pretty good config
but id suggest:
AMD - Athlon 64 - 3000XP : 8600
Asus ViA Chipset ( Athlon 64 ) K8V-X : 5650
Seagate - 80 GB : 2975
Lite-On cd writer : 1500
17" Samsung Wht : 5550
2*256 mb ddr 400 ram : 3800
Zebronics Lava Cabinet with 400w PSU : 1500
Radeon 9800 pro : 14500
Logitech kbd + mouse : 1000

Total : 45075

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
dat's a better option ;)
but do u realy need to buy 64 bit's processor when there are not enough 64 bit appliactions ??
even though it is 64 bit's i will run at 32 bit only with the current softwares so going for a 64 bit as of now is no smart thinking but yes it is future proof ;)

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom