Nikon D-SLR buying advice.

Stuge

Youngling
Hi SwiftLover, Can you please explain me what Color fringe and lens distortion means ? M a total noob in this :mrgreen:

Thanks in advance

this is Chromatic aberration or colour fringe

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/com...g/220px-Chromatic_aberration_(comparison).jpg

Read here about distortions with examples

Lens distortion

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
for D3100 which are the worth zoom lenses (nikon/sigma/tamron) for wildlife photography?
will a 70~300mm suffice for the same purpose?

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nikon one price nearly 21k with B & W

Sigma and Tamron cheap ones cost 7-9k

And the costly ones with stabilisation and better focus motor again cost nearly same to nikons pricing

Soo if u have money then definitely go for Nikon 70-300 AFS VR else cheap tamron one also work...seen some great shot out of it

70-300 is the least u want for wildlife...other 150-500, 80-400, 50-500 etc lens cost a bomb

sujoyp

Grand Master
within 30k there is only 1 option Nikon D3100 :)

I am using it and its quality is awesome...If u increase a bit then u can get Canon 550D and nikon D5100...these have bit more features but quality remains unchanged

winzip

Broken In
A bit off-topic
@sujoyp
How is the quality of Tarmac bags? I am planning to buy Rally 4 (top loading). Do you have any idea that safety and longevity issues of top loading bags?

Tamrac - Model 3444 - Rally 4 Camera Bag

@Arnab boss
Go for D3100 and keep any extra money for good lenses. Nikon good lenses are way costly but worth the money.
If you can stretch your budget, then go for D90 (34k body only) and buy lens at your own wish. But I still suggest instead of going for costly bodies, go for good lenses.

sujoyp

Grand Master
winzip tamrac bags r absolutely fine...no problems and all chains r covered soo that water dont get inside...waterproof
the bag u selected looks fine...better then my tamrac velocity 6x
It shows u can put 2 lenses and a flash thats enough for traveling purpose...actually it would be better if u can afford a bag with support of 3 lens...

I have a macro lens(55mm), a zoom lens(55-200), a prime lens(50mm) and a kit lens which takes wide angle shots (18-55)...now I can carry only 2 at a time :(

I found toploading very easy to use...those backpak kind of bags need time to take out gears and close the bag

Last edited:

winzip

Broken In
@Sujoyp
Thanks for reply.
As I like landscape photography, so that bag is enough for me. Separate flash units are not required, so I can use that place for another lens.
I too have a 50 prime. Until now I was using kit 18-55 & 55-200 along with my brother's D3000. Now I bought my own D90 and planning to buy 16-85 & 70-300 which should cover almost everything in landscape shots. And these 3 lenses should well accommodate into the bag I chose. What do you think?
Can you please guide me from where (i.e. which shop) I can get this tarmac bag?

sujoyp

Grand Master
in place of flash u can only fit a 50mm lens coz its small...others wont fit...yes I think for your need bag is fine...

U need an actual shop or online...online u can get the whole range in Foto Centre Trading Pvt. Ltd.: Digital Camera India Mumbai , Dealers Retailers Distributor of Digital Imaging Products , Pune , Delhi , Bangalore , Calcutta , Hyderabad , Chennai , Madras , Bombay , Sikkim
I have purchased online soo donno about actual shops

Tarun

In the zone
only a small thing to say going with a canon 550D 50-135mm is a much better option and another thing u will get wider and cheaper range of lens in canon then nikon

sujoyp

Grand Master
@tarun ...there is no 50-135 lens available :D

cheaper...maybe a bit cheaper but if u get a nikon D90 and above u will see a lot of cheaper lenses in Nikon itself..

Wide range is totally wrong - just for your info I can fit any lens produced by nikon from 1957...but I can not fit a lens produced by canon before some 80's
You will argue that who want those...but y not ?? they r cheap and of high quality..
And if a person want to take all things in auto mode (Autofocus, Auto metering, auto white balance, auto bracketing :D ) he dont need a DSLR

Top Bottom