Nice cellphone for under 2.5k?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Never thought that I'd be asking a question in this section since I'm usually aware of all the models on the market. Anyhow, my cousin's birthday is coming up on the 1st of Jan. and being the bada bhai, I've got to gift something to him. I checked out some low end models at a shop today but didn't really like the models on display (Nokia 1209, 1650 etc.). Can anyone recommend a nice looking low end phone? A color display is a must while a camera would be a bonus. He's only 12, so I'm not looking to gift something that he might not use or worse still, lose.

Has anyone used a SE T250, K220 or Nokia 1680?

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
i will suggest LG KP105 black. It looks cool and feels good in hand; will fit in your budget as well. No camera though, a basic colour cellphone with FM.

azzu

AJJU
go for Se T250 it looks gr8 than k220
and if ur Bro is Kinda voilent KID get him a nokia ;) will work even after few throws

OP
G

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
i will suggest LG KP105 black. It looks cool and feels good in hand; will fit in your budget as well. No camera though, a basic colour cellphone with FM.
Looks nice although the screen is a bit too smallish. However, a review on HardwareZone has this bit of info:
Cons:
FM requires headset
Can't do other stuffs (like SMS-ing) while in FM mode
Keys are tough to press.
No custom wallpaper/ ringtone - now that's a major downer IMO.

go for Se T250 it looks gr8 than k220
and if ur Bro is Kinda voilent KID get him a nokia ;) will work even after few throws
Thankfully, he isn't that violent. ;)

motorola w230....
Price please? It's looking pretty good at the moment. Love the fact that it does support mSD cards. The absence of a camera is a slight downer.

Any other suggestions folks?

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
nice looking ? i suggest you one of the best looking go for SPICE S570 recently i purchased that model for 2k . That model is awesome in looks and features.. Or if you a MP3 phone go for SPICE xxx something like that it's price 1999 both the phones are great in features

(now don't think it's spice and i am not gonna buy it and all ... Me also thought the same but the phone i got attract the crowd...)

OP
G

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
nice looking ? i suggest you one of the best looking go for SPICE S570 recently i purchased that model for 2k . That model is awesome in looks and features.. Or if you a MP3 phone go for SPICE xxx something like that it's price 1999 both the phones are great in features

(now don't think it's spice and i am not gonna buy it and all ... Me also thought the same but the phone i got attract the crowd...)
The S570 is a flip, right? I'm pretty sure my cousin would break it into two halves in less than a week. :p

Motorolla W230. I have used it. Quite responsive and comes at 2.3K.
Camera at this price range all suck.
You can't even connect cam to PC to store images.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
+1 to Motorola W230.

Good bundle at the price range.
- Agreeable build, tough I should say! It has survived half a dozen falls from me, some of them would have been impossible to survive for an expensive multimedia phone..
- Support for mSD cards upto 2GB. Good enough as a cheap music phone; use it every now and then..
- Battery Life not as high as indicated! But sustains normal requirements.

chinawall

Broken In
well i was looking a mobile at this range as another back up pone and after reading this post myself bought w230:D nice phone also battery backup is good, call quality is fine too. all in all a good cheap phone for daily needs!

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^ +reps? What do you mean by that?

OK I get. Something to do with forum reputation? But how does one give it?

I've been helped so many times, never new I could do something in return..

Last edited:
OP
G

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
^ +reps? What do you mean by that?

OK I get. Something to do with forum reputation? But how does one give it?

I've been helped so many times, never new I could do something in return..
Reps are like intangible good (or bad) karma on Digit forums. You can't really measure or increase it. :)
Perhaps we should create a poll to gauge the interest in adding such a feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom