NFS Underground & MW Install CLASH

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
today i got NFS Underground CDs (frm a friend), & when i tried to install that game, the AutoRun did not give any option INSTALL the game.

instead, it gives only two options, Play & Uninstall (others are readme, check for updates...)
when i select "Play" the autorun asks for Insert Disk Two to Play NFS Most Wanted *smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif
When i select "Uninstall", the "uninstaller" pops up & asks whether to Uninstall NFS Most Wanted

When i Insert the Disk 2, NFS Most Wanted runs automatically*smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_21.gif

YES!!! NFS Most Wanted Runs.*smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif it does not show insert the correct disk...or something like that. (i own original NFS MW, but i'm using No-CD patch, savin my precious disk frm scratches :wink: )

i previously had this game, but after getting NFS Most Wanted, i un-installed it.

:arrow: What is going on here??? *smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/upset.gif

is this game worth playing again (after playin U2 & MW).

the Registry is Clean (i use TuneUp Utilities 2007 & CCleaner).

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Hi there guys guys guys softwares interfere specially if they are of the same series and from the same publisher and maker

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
@vimal_mehrotra, they are Original. (but have scratches).

btw, my problem's got nothing to do with Piracy/pirated disk. :D

reason, i also tried with your view of "s/w frm friend" (pirated disk, just d/l), but same result, instead of NFS U installation, Most Wanted Runs. :D *smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif

i'm not goin to try by Uninstalling NFS MW.

btw what can be the reason behind this, has anyone else experienced this ODD situation. :D

@Harvik780, i guess you are right,
but NFS U2 installed without such prob. i used to play NFS U2 (installed along with MW) 7-8 months back. (never experienced such problm.)

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
ok i understand but still if your friend has installed it.it automatically becomes
P-rated(my new term for pirated):D.well never mind.

S

shashank_digitreader

vimal_mehrotra said:
softwares 'frm a friend' usually act like this

Why do u bother, help if u want or go to hell if u dont want to.

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
vimal_mehrotra said:
ok i understand but still if your friend has installed it.it automatically becomes
P-rated
(my new term for pirated):D.well never mind.
i agree with you on that, if one s/w is installed on two systems its same as doing piracy.
but he had uninstalled that game long ago & he was clearing Junks from his room.

you know, one man's junk is another man's treasure. :D (in this case NFS Underground) :D

@shashank_digitreader, arre yaar tu kahe ko tension ho gaya. :confused:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
It might be that the autoplay.exe's registry entry points to the latest entry on the system, a.k.a MW? Should be something that's on the comp, discs not tailored to do that :D

S

shashank_digitreader

vimal_mehrotra said:
PRICELESS

priceless? PRICELESS? PRICELESS?????
Did u ever play Underground? gosh, u r a boring gamer.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
shashank_digitreader said:
priceless? PRICELESS? PRICELESS?????
Did u ever play Underground? gosh, u r a boring gamer.
i m not a boring gamer fella.i said PRICELESS for the quote which i had QUOTED and NOT FOR GAME.gosh some people....

S

shashank_digitreader

I have recently installed NFS underground 1, i was working fine for sometime, but after some time, the game automatically closed and shows an error message. what shud i do?

sangram19

Broken In
The original Underground and Most Wanted have exactly the same EXE name "speed.exe".

Both can't be installed in the same machine.

Both Underground and U2 had crash to desktop problems. Reinstalling would fix some of those problems.

What is the wording on the error message?

Have you tried reinstalling the game?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom