NFS ProStreet Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagarkumar

Right off the assembly line
I want to play NFS ProStreet with anti-aliasing settings 4x ( or else the lines are too blurred ). My config is:

Pentium 4 processor
1 GB RAM
160 GB Hard Disk
Windows Xp SP 2

Graphic card: Nvidia Geforce 6200 with TurboCache

Please tell me how to overclock ( Without using cooling agent ) or change the BIOS settings of the graphic card safely to get prostreet working with good graphics.

shashank_re

In the zone
GOOD JOKE:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

If we can run PRosstreet on P4 and 6200,then would anyone buy 9800 and C2Xtreme????:rolleyes:
You cant Overclock P4.Its already hot proc and you wont gain much.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
What shashank_re said is true...
6200 is bare minimum nvidia card to run the PS. Thank GOD if it manages to run at lowest settings.
To run Prostreet on med resulution @ high 4X AA, ull need a minimum of an 8600GT 256 GDDR3.

And overclocking a 6200 wud give u a maximum boost of 10~20%. Ull need atleast a 400% ~500% pixel crunching power to rujn at dat settings.

gopz

In the zone
Why dont you try NFS Most Wanted? Its the best NFS and it can be played on your machine.

ProStreet is just not worth it!

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
U won't have any significant performance gains even if u manage to somehow overclock the 6200TC. Getting a new gfx card is ur best bet, if u really want to enjoy the latest games.

Oh so true... Incidentally can i run it on a p4 with 512 ram and 7600GS?

U can, but the performance will be sluggish.

Last edited:
OP
S

sagarkumar

Right off the assembly line
I have already played every version of NFS ( From the start to Carbon ) for all of your information. And I am the best in racing especially when it comes to NFS. I am going to buy a new system in 1 month. Its config is

Core 2 Quad
3 or 4GB RAM
250GB Hard disk
nvidia geforce 8800 GT 512 MB

So, whoever has laughed at my question can laugh at themselves. Anyway, thanks for the replies. And one more thing, My graphic settings are not minimum now

Smoke is on
v-sync is on
World detail is High
World lighting is on
World shadows is High

I am able to run the game quite well.

Thank you

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
No was trying to make fun of you.What you have to realise is that Anti Aliasing is an extremely demanding setting on any graphic card.With the current setting that you mentioned above what frame rates are you getting? Also what resolution are you playing at? NFS Pro Street is a bit more heavy on the system compared to it's predecessors.My system easily ran Carbon & Most wanted without any hitch at full settings.But with this game it sort of seemed to struggle a bit @1280x1024 with full AA & AF.6200TC is limited on bandwidth & as such it shares certain amount of it's video memory from the system's actual memory(RAM).So you can't expect to play at 4X AA with that card & get playable frame rates.CPU overclocking is a far cry.Hate to break it to you but the 6200TC is just a notch above your standard onboard video memory.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Well I played every NFS game till Most Wanted on my PC with :

845 Mobo, 512 Ram, 2.0Ghz P-IV.

And I am more then Satisfied... (Now stopped gaming..Its boring!!! :D )

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
Before I got 8800GT, ProStreet was 'fine' with 6200LE.
Run at 800*600 @ 60HZ @ 2XAA. (Looks pretty fine and very playable)

And that too without o'cing

quan chi

mortal kombat
No was trying to make fun of you.What you have to realise is that Anti Aliasing is an extremely demanding setting on any graphic card.With the current setting that you mentioned above what frame rates are you getting? Also what resolution are you playing at? NFS Pro Street is a bit more heavy on the system compared to it's predecessors.My system easily ran Carbon & Most wanted without any hitch at full settings.But with this game it sort of seemed to struggle a bit @1280x1024 with full AA & AF.6200TC is limited on bandwidth & as such it shares certain amount of it's video memory from the system's actual memory(RAM).So you can't expect to play at 4X AA with that card & get playable frame rates.CPU overclocking is a far cry.Hate to break it to you but the 6200TC is just a notch above your standard onboard video memory.

when you have a turbocache card.
what does it show on the cards video memory.

and when you rightclk mycompute>>properties what amount of ram it shows.does it shows less ram than the original amount which you have.

and if you have tc card mentioning like this.memory:256mb(turbocache upto 256mb).

what does it mean.

well please read here i need the answer of these questions.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=830399&postcount=5031

please do reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom